Saturday, December 3, 2011

{Of all the places we have lived, the things that truly make a home never change.}

I am sorry it has taken so long to post some pics of the house. I know a few of you have been waiting awhile for me to do this.
This is our dining room. The walls look blueish, but they are actually Grey. I can't tell you how much i LOVE the color GREY right now. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. :) And if you look to the left you can see my kitchen. The walls are green, BUT they aren't finished. I never finished them b/c i am not so sure i want that color in there. I want to paint it different. I just can't decide what color. I almost want to make it GREY. haha. :)

I would LOVE to paint this room, but it's soooo much wall. AND i am not ready for that challenge yet. AND i can't decide what color i would want to paint it. I was thinking a soft light blue-greyish color. haha! I can't make my whole house grey so i just can't figure out what color to do it, therefore i am keeping it creamy like it is. Anyway, this is our office area, located directly behind our couch in the TV area. Can you see Shane's Dental Graduation diploma on the wall? I had that custom framed for him for his birthday last year. I was so proud of myself for actually being able to SURPRISE him with a gift. I have only been able to surprise him TWICE in our marriage. That's b/c nothing gets past him. He checks our accounts twice a day. I don't have cash, so i can't surprise him! ggrrrrr. :)
Here i am standing back by the computer, which gives you a view of the other part of this room. Directly to the right is our large sliding glass doors that go out to the patio. That wall NEEDS something. I have PLANS. We are getting family pics done soon and i plan to get a LARGE family picture up on that wall. You see our cute little humble christmas tree?

Here's another view . I am standing b/w the sofa and the tv to get this view. On the right is a doorway to the bathroom. The other entry goes to the kitchen.
Anyway, that's part of it for you. This week i will try to post a few more pics of our home...like the rest of the downstairs.
It's smaller than what we lived in IN Texas, but it's a lot better than i expected we were going to get. I had visions of old and ugly. We ended up getting a home that was newly updated just a year ago. There are only three bedrooms, but gavin and tanner fit nicely into a room together. Jaydon's room is big enough for him. Our room is big enough for our large king and a couple dressers, plus we have a bathroom connected to our room, which is always wonderful. Anyway, our small home is all we need. It's about 1500 square feet, I THINK. Which leads me to another thing....
Japanese have everything small. Their furniture looks MINI. ALL OF IT. It looks like its children furniture. Seriously. When walking through their stores i was having a hard time wrapping my mind around the smallness of it all. Our stuff looks huge compared to their stuff. They don't believe in taking up more than their fair share. Their cars are mini. They don't have extravagant homes. In fact most homes here are apartment buildings. AND they all hang up their clothes to dry on their apartment patio deck. They think about "WE" rather than "I". There is so much to learn about from the japanese. They recycle everything, so the garbage cans that they use for their homes are smaller than HALF the size of our garbage cans we have in America. They are mini garbage cans. Walking around their stores and seeing the way they live is really humbling and puts things in perspective. In America it's a lot more about "I" and trying to have bigger and better.... and to think of all that we waste. It's CRAZY. There is so much to learn from this country and these people. I love it here.

No comments: