Sunday, October 18, 2009

{MIA}

I haven't posted in awhile because i have been in the hospital. My mom is here helping to take care of me and the boys while i recover. I was in the hospital for 5 days. Sure, it may sound bad to some of you, but it was a nice break....even though i was in pain, i didn't have any responsibilities. Momhood is hard. What can i say. Anyway, i was in a lot of pain, went to the hospital and stayed in the emergency room for about 12 hours before they admitted me into the hospital. When i had my appendix taken out 2 years ago they stapled my appendix....i don't understand it, but all i know is that i had staples in there from the surgery, which is normal. Somehow the staples came loose. One got caught on another and one staple pinched off my intestine. So, i had an obstructed bowel. I had a ct scan, a few x-rays, doped up on lots of morphine and laying in bed and watching tv. The pain of the obstructed bowel, before they could give me med's, was pretty intense. It was worse than labor pains. Not fun. I am glad it is over. Glad my mom is here. Glad i had a break from responsibilities. Glad to be home. Glad for a husband who is so helpful, loving and caring. I realized some things while i was away. 1. I am taking on too much. I was exhausted and didn't realize it til i had my 5 day hospital stay. My life is sooooo busy. I was in the hospital thinking about my life before i went in the hospital and i thought to myself, "How in the WORLD was i doing all that? How did i not have a break down yet?!!!" 2. I am tired of blogging, tired of the internet. It is not being what it used to be for me. I won't be blogging much anymore. I want to get all my blogs turned into books and then be done. 3. My dream of becoming a nurse is more alive than it ever has been. I want to become a nurse so bad and am determined to do it b/c if i don't, i will regret it. I know i will. Now i just need encouraging so that i can stay positive in that i am SMART enough to do it. :) 4. I want life to slow down. So, i am going to try to make that happen. 5. I like my life and who i am.

Anyway, i am fine. It is a freak accident, what happened. The doc said, "If i had thrown a bunch of staples into your stomach i still wouldn't expect this to happen". I missed my sister-in-laws wedding, which i was supposed to take pics at. Yeah. Stinks. I was her photographer AND i missed her wedding! I am so bummed, but things happen.

8 comments:

Lauri said...

I'm so glad you are okay! I got updates from Stephen, thank goodness! :) So sorry you missed the wedding. I know you were excited to take pics and see everyone.
I will definitely miss your blogging and seeing pics of the boys, but I understand things can get too crazy. I'm excited that you are going to pursue nursing!!! YOU CAN DO IT! It's what you love and you will be awesome!
Talk to you soon. Love to you guys!

MetroParks said...

So glad to hear from you again. I kept wanting to call and find out how you were doing but not sure when I should.
I got updates from friends. Hope you are back to 100% soon.

The JL McGregor Family said...

Ashley--I'm glad you are feeling better now, and I'm glad you got a break. Someone told me how mom's should be allowed to have sick days sometimes. I know being a mom is the best job, but it is a lot of work and very overwhelming sometimes. You are doing great!

Lauren said...

I'm so glad things went well and that you got a little R&R in the hospital. I enjoyed my little break too when I had Alivia. I'm sad you are not going to be blogging anymore :( The blogosphere will miss you. I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Monica and Stephen said...

I am so glad you are ok. I can't believe that. So did they just remove the staple and your bowel recovered on its own or what. I totally understand your desire to become a nurse. I love being a nurse and it is so nice to get out of the house once a week and the money is not so bad either. I will help and encourage you through it. You are smart enough. Nursing school is tough; I thought a lot of it was just busy work. The hands on is so much better. Email me or call me with any questions or anything. You will do great!

By Divine Design said...

Wow, sounds like a crazy experience, but maybe just what you needed to slow things down a bit. I always wondered how moms do it with more than one baby. You'll do great! I think going back to school is a fantastic idea, especially if it's something you've always wanted. Good luck!

Cam and Chelle said...

First off, I'm glad you're alright, and you should def. go to nursing school! You'd be great at it, plus you ARE super smart! And second, I laughed out loud when I read your last post! You have such cute boys!

D.Suth. said...

I loved your pictures at Shaker Lakes (right?) with the Parks.

I miss those colors on the trees!