Saturday, November 14, 2009

{"Tis the Season" and 6 years}

(FYI... we have decided to make our blog private, so if you want to continue reading our blog then leave us your email address or mail your email address to us at ashspassion@hotmail.com.)

For being sick. It has already started. We weren't allowed in our house this whole last week...Monday through Friday. We were getting new windows put in the house b/c the old one's contained lead. So, the whole week we were in a Hotel. We enjoyed it b/c we had a pool to swim in everyday and we had a WONDERFUL breakfast every morning. I didn't have to feel bad for sitting around in the hotel room doing NOTHING. The baby got really congested about a day after we got into the hotel and Tanner had just gotten over a fever. I got the flu while we were in the hotel but it didn't last long. It started in the evening and lasted about 24 hours. It was a fever, sore throat and aches. Then i noticed Gavin and Tanner started getting congested. Now, as of today, they are coughing alot and just sound congested. We have already had to start his albuterol treatments for the first time this season. Hopefully it doesn't turn into something serious b/c about ONLY 30 minutes after his treatment he sounded like he was struggling to breath again. So, we have to try a few things and if it worsens at all then we have to go into i guess the pediatric ER....BUT hopefully when he wakes in the morning he will be better! :) Crossing fingers! I have a sore throat still and am getting a cough. Lucky for shane, he never gets anything!

The stay at the hotel was not an enjoyable one in the night. We were waking up all through the night. The baby didn't sleep good b/c he is congested so he was waking up a few times in the night. Tanner kept waking up in the night yelling for Gavin. "Gavin where are you?!?!?" We didn't get much sleep. We were so glad to be back in our house and our bed! We slept good too! All of us did!

Our new windows and doors look fabulous! I love em! It looks updated and just so good! :) When we moved back into our house yesterday we noticed a package! It was something i have been waiting for for awhile! We turned our 2007 blog into a book. It looks fabulous!!! I can't wait to do 2008 and 2009!! I don't even want to think about how much it will be though! It will be thick.
:)
I put out my christmas decor today. I couldn't resist! Minus the Christmas tree. That will come after thanksgiving. It was weird though. I put it out and turned on some Christmas music, but i had my windows open....weird! It seems like it should be COLD when listening to Christmas music, but i loved it anyway. The weather is so dang nice. It worries me a little for when January comes around...thinking we might get dumped on with lots of snow! We will see.

I came to realize something over the past 1-2 weeks. I miss my longer hair. I am now going to grow it back. Yup. I won't grow it as long as it was before....it was REALLY long. But it will be past my shoulders. I have loved my new hair style, but it seems like i have to trim it every 2 months in order for it to look good. So, the growing out process right now is not going to be a pretty one. This type of haircut just doesn't look good when it grows out! So, i am excited to have long hair again and shane is excited for me to have long hair again too. :)

Shane and i have our 6 year anniversary tomorrow! November 15. We probably won't do anything. At least right now. Shane planned something for us a little later that i will tell you about after we do it. ;) I am excited!
Six years! I can't believe it! Time is flying by! I get so sentimental anytime i think about what we have done, what we have been through, what we have accomplished and where we are going with our lives. It is amazing. I couldn't have picked a better man to enjoy the journey with. He keeps me going, he makes me want to be better, he challenges me, and he lifts me up when i am down, and he keeps life spontaneous and exciting. Sure, we have our moments of difficulty with one another....who doesn't?! Seriously. But what matters is how we make it through those difficulties together and become better from it, together. Together, we have grown so much from the first day we met. We have plenty more growing to do. I am excited i have him to do it with.
If you don't know our story.... i met him at a basketball game. Funny b/c that is his second love. I tried playing basketball in middle school, but our team lost every game. We stunk. Anyway, I was there watching a friend coach her basketball team and shane was there to watch another girl of interest play IN the game. I was there alone and He came up to me. I ended up telling him where i lived. Never thought he would actually stop by, but he did. Then I also ran into him at a subway, which might have sparked in him a reminder to call me to ask me on a date. :) Before i knew it we had been together everyday for a week. As soon as i realized that i took a step back b/c i thought it was going too fast. I mean, i was there waiting for my RM to arrive in like 3 weeks. YUP. My rm and i were meeting up at BYU to get the courting process going. I know! This wasn't the plan. I was there to have fun and was going to marry my RM. We had been talking for 8 months already. We had talked about marriage even. Soooo, this definitely wasn't in the plan! I didn't know what to do. I was just there to have fun. So, I stopped calling Shane for 2 days. I needed time to think and to take a breather and think about what was going on. He didn't like that and still gives me a hard time about it. After those two days of not returning his calls he came over to confront me. :) hahaha. ANYWAY, from there we dated for three months and then got married! It was quick! I ALWAYS told myself i would know a guy for all 4 seasons before i married him, and i thought girls who married guys quick were absolutely NUTS. Well, he turned me into a nut i guess. B/C that was freakin quick! I still wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE to get married that quick...it isn't smart. Luckily, i was at a time in my life where i felt i was in tune to the spirit more than i had ever previously been. And luckily i picked good b/c you really can't know a person and who they really are THAT quick! :) Really, i am so lucky. I got married at age 22. At BYU-I when guys found out i was 22 and not married they were SHOCKED. And some called me "old". hahaha. Seriously?. Anway, that is a different story. We met each other at the end of July, had our first date in August and married in November. We had our original date set for dec. 27th. Shane came to me practically begging me to change the date to Nov. 15th b/c he couldn't wait that long. hahaha. ;) I was in shock. Seriously. I was thinking, "we already made our invitations...we are already getting married quickly, but now you want me to do it even quicker?!?!" Who are you?!?! hahha. You know i am kidding hun. So, we changed it and had to make a separate piece of paper to slip into the invite that we changed our wedding date! haha. I love our story. :) It's the best. AND before he even proposed to me i had already set the temple date for our wedding....yeah, i had called and set it. :) hahaha. i know. I knew he was going to propose as soon as he got my ring, which was soon, but i didn't know exactly when and i didn't want the day we wanted to get married to be booked up....so i called and set the time and date. I told him afterwards what i had done. :) We got married in the SLC temple...where i always wanted to be married b/c that is where my mom and dad got married. My mom for many many many years gave me the nickname 'Goat'....i don't know why so don't ask why. Seriously. One day she just called me that. So, our wedding day i meet our Sealer and find out his name is Brother Goats. How hilarious is that?!?! Also, i want to Jenks highschool and now that is my last name! :) So funny huh?! The wedding day was perfect and that night in our beautiful hotel room..... i got food poisoning. Let's just say that our wedding night was NOTHING like i had planned in my head! But what really has gone the way i had planned for it to go?!?! :) Despite that everything has turned out wonderfully. That is the way i tell my story of it all....shane usually has a different story. :) I love you Shane. Happy 6th Anniversary.

18 comments:

Dave and Loralee said...

llatham80 at hotmail dot com

and anna wants to be invited too :)

pajackson7 at yahoo dot com

happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and hope everyone gets better asap! We have all been really sick lately too... tis the season is right! :) I would like an invite too...
gjsk4@att.net

The Hiller Family said...

heidiannhiller @ yahoo.com

Thompson's said...

Add us to your blog! I about forgot that it was that time of year for wedding anniversaries :). Happy anniversary to the two of you. We are not quite sure yet what we are doing for ours. Here is our email thompson4225@gmail.com

-Erik

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Yeah Ashley and Shane!! I understand that quick date courting and stress of getting a wedding together so quickly! That's so cool that you were willing to move it up!. Thanks for sharing!! Don't forget us for your private blog. Jessica.joos@gmail.com

Nancy said...

Yeah, Happy Anniversary! Cute story! I love to hear stories of how people meet.
nervous_nancy@hotmail.com

Nancy said...

Hey, I am pretty sure that your friend, Jessica, that commented was a year ahead of me in school. She was my brother's age. Crazy!

MetroParks said...

dnsparks@juno.com :)

Lauren said...

Happy Anniversary Guys!!
i would love an invite too
lmingersoll at yahoo dot com

Becky said...

geoffnbecky@hotmail.com

Carrie said...

ryancarrieanderson@gmail.com, I love reading your blog and I keep Ryan updated on everything that's going on with Shane. Can't wait to see y'all in Texas!

Bridi said...

What a cute story! Did you do the city lead free program? If you did do you have the number? I love that you already put up your Christmas decor, truth be told so have I. Also funny that we both are going private at the same. We really sre on the some train of thought! Please add me waitebridi at yahoo dot com

Mandi Kay said...

bballchic2223@hotmail.com

Happy Anniversary to you both amazing people. So glad I have such awesome sister in laws and for your guys' example to me of what a marriage can be like, (not perfect, but awesome still) Love you guys

Unknown said...

Count me in amandahoney at hotmail dot com

The JL McGregor Family said...

jl_mcgregor@yahoo.com

Monica and Stephen said...

mnmtwirler@hotmail.com
I would love to stay in touch

emilyy said...

I'd love to still see your blog
emily_yeates@yahoo.com

Lauri said...

Do I need to write my email address? We'd have big problems if I didn't get invited. hehehe. :) grahamandlauri@aol.com. Love ya! I'm sure John and Myrica would love an invite too. I'm guessing they use johnandmyrica@yahoo.com