Wednesday, February 15, 2012

{Happenings as of late}

Kokusai Street...It's a big shopping street. It's a hot spot for tourists too. They have lots of stuff to buy and lots of FUNNY things we saw along our way. Too funny. Mandi was with us at this time and we had tons of fun. :)


Okuma. We love Okuma. It's beautiful.

The boys love going across the street to the basketball courts. They sometimes meet other friends over there and play basketball together or they go over and ride their bikes. It's so convenient that it's right across the street. :)
Here's Jaydon giving us his tough karate pose.

We took a flight around Okinawa to see what it looks like from above. Unfortunately it was a fairly hazy day. BUT it was still beautiful. In this picture, can you see the bridge? That bridge leads to my favorite little island...Kourijima. It's beautiful....absolutely beautiful.

Araha Beach. This beach has a fun pirate ship playground for the kids to play on. It's a wonderful little spot.
Shane is no longer going to texas in march. It is now scheduled for May and he is going to alaska. I think i might have to meet him there so we can do an alaskan cruise. :) AND he is going to alaska at the same time as the epic ride around okinawa, which means we can't do it. bummer. :) haha!
It's starting to warm up around here lately. I am happy about that. I can't wait to get in the ocean again.
I got a pedicure done recently, while mandi was here with us. We LOVED it. It was so nice and i love the way they do pedicures here. They do AWESOME detailed designs on each toe and is doesn't cost extra. It's one set price. Its the best, really. I already can't wait to go again.
For V-DAY i signed shane up to get some reflexology done. He came out looking sooooooo calm and relaxed. It's a rare thing. :) Soooooo i love seeing him that way. It makes me laugh. He needs to get that done MORE often i think. I am thinking he needs to do it every other week. I really think it will help him too. AND he totally loved it and is ready to go back already. :) I am proud of myself for doing that for him. haha! It can be really hard to surprise him.
I am signed up to do my FIRST HALF-MARATHON in April. I am really excited, especially since we get to run across the bridge to Kourijima, my favorite place. I think it will be awesome.
Jaydon is going through TERRIBLE TWO'S right now. It's stressful for mommy, but i am making it. :) He is VERY stubborn. VERY. The other two weren't quite like this, although i do remember have a difficult time with Gavin. He had terrible two's and horrible three's. The way jaydon is going he will have horrible three's too. I can't imagine that one.
Tanner is still really enjoying his preschool. He is a smart kid, but underestimates himself and usually will never show a person what he is really made of if he is put on the spot. You just have to watch for it in his daily activities. I think he acts more mature in many ways in comparison with kids his age. Don't get me wrong, he has many moments where he acts like a kid his age would, but he often surprises me with his calm nature and understanding.
Gavin is growing a lot. He is very outgoing and full of energy. His big thing right now is that he wants a skateboard. I told him i would buy him one if he reads 100 books. He is on a mission. We bought him one of those alarms for kids who wet the beds. Ever since we put that thing on him he has been waking up on his own. Amazing. haha! That alarm doesn't even have to go off b/c the THOUGHT of it going off in his ear makes him wake up on his own in the night! i love it. As soon as he gets it down, we will use it on tanner. So far gavin has only gone two nights without peeing. That's great though. Anyway, gavin is a great reader now. He loves playing outside with his brothers and friends and loves spending time with mom and dad too. I can't wait until his eighth birthday! I am going to throw him a BIG birthday party to celebrate turning 8! It's going to be so much fun for him. :)

2 comments:

The JL McGregor Family said...

WAIT! Is Gavin almost 8? He is the same age as Logan? How could I not know that?!

Mandi Kay said...

Loved this thanks for posting!!