Sunday, February 12, 2012

{What r u up to?}

We are up to a lot lately. Shane's sister Mandi came to visit us last week and we had tons of fun having her here with us. I think we kept her busy the entire time too. :) So much fun and laughs. We loved it. I need to post pictures from that week here soon. Probably not until this weekend when i have more time to post some pictures.

Shane is leaving me for about 2 1/2 weeks in MARCH to go back to the STATES. tdy. He has some training to do and he also is going to take leave to go see his family while he is there. JEALOUS. :) I would love to see family. AND i would also love 2 1/2 weeks break from my children...well, maybe not that LONG, but close to it. :)

My parents are coming in APRIL. I cannot wait!!! They will spend 2 weeks with us. I wish they could stay longer.

Shane and I are doing something together in MAY called, "The EPIC ride around Okinawa". We will BIKE around the entire island. yippee. We will bike 231 miles in 3 days. Really, i am excited that i will get to say i did it. BUT am i excited about 231 miles in three days? Not too much. Shane really wants to do it though and really wants ME to come. Sometimes we do things for the one we love that we don't really want to do. This is one of them. I am sure i will gain a lot from this experience though. I might end up loving it and i know the ride will be beautiful. Sounds like there will be 7-8 of us. Yes, we will ride on the busy roads the whole ride. SCARY. I told Shane "If i have to pick a way to die it definitely wouldn't be on a bike road in Okinawa." :) Anyway, in order to prepare for this i am going to have to work a BIT HARDER at my biking and getting in shape. I don't want this ride to be torture b/c i am not physically prepared....if i am prepared it will be enjoyable. Here's to forcing myself into shape and experiencing the EPIC ride around Okinawa. After this i think i will set out to do whatever physical activity i want. If i can do this, i can do anything. i want to do an olympic triathlon and a full marathon. hahaha!

Life just seems to get busier and busier. It's going by so fast. Gavin is signed up for basketball starting in march and tanner is starting KARATE in March as well. In APRIL they will ALL start swim lessons again and from there we will be swimming all summer long and going to the beach all summer long.

No comments: