Thursday, April 5, 2012

Milestones

Please pardon me if I have already posted any of this, I just don't remember.
1. Gavin's two front teeth are missing.
2. Gavin doesn't pee the bed at night anymore.
3. Jaydon knows how to say his name. He no longer calls himself "me".
4. Jaydon tooted and looked over to Shane and curiously asked him, "dad, do you smell that?"
5. Gavin has some major emotions going on that he doesn't know how to deal with. I am not sure what the heck to do about it. He really says some mean things when he is asked to do something he doesn't want to do or if I put him in timeout. If I put him in timeout he just has a meltdown and says stuff like, " nobody loves me!!! " "this is the worst day ever!" " i hate this day!". I really feel like I have an emotional teenager I am dealing with and it causes me lots of anxiety. It stresses me out and tests my patience. I just don't have patience for drama. And I don't know how to deal with it. Its really emotionally exhausting to listen to him. And it's kind of a downer when I see my son acting unhappy all the time. Anybody dealing with this?!?!
6. I am so into reading lately. It's kind of an addiction.
7. I love my friends here and most of them are leaving this summer. I am really bummed about that. Really. Bummed.
8. I truly loved general conference, but when do I ever not love it? The ones that stand out to me the most are Elder Uchtdorfs talk, Elder Holland and Elder Cook. They were really good.

1 comment:

The JL McGregor Family said...

I'm SO GLAD you mentioned Gavin's emotions. I feel like we are dealing with something similar with Logan. He is such a good, good boy, and it's kind of confusing. The other day I told him his room was a mess and he started crying and said he felt "like the most unlucky boy ever." I tried to talk to him about it but he wouldn't, and then I told him that there were kids who didn't have food to eat or a warm home to live in and he said, "yeah, but they get used to that." Geesh! I'm not sure if I need to ignore it or hug him and let him cry. Let me know when you come up with some answers.