Thursday, March 29, 2012

{Ever wanted to be a celebrity}

I have. When I was younger I wanted to be an actress so bad.

Changing the subject real quick...I took our preschool group to a placed called Bios on the Hill. It's a fun random place. It has huge tree swings, a random spot for roosters, goats you can walk and feed, stilts, hoopla hoops, a cool wood playground that's very unique, a wagon ride with a water buffalo pulling, and lots of showcases of beautiful flowers.

First, we were the ONLY Americans there. Usually we see Americans wherever we go. Well, at least ONE, but not this time. As soon as we get out of the car we are being watched.mpeople stop and stare, and smile. So, that's the beginning. Once we get in there everybody stops what they are doing and watches us. I kept having people come ask if they can get in pictures with the kids and if they can take pictures of them. Sure, I say. I then find out that a lot of the people there are from Taiwan and its there first time to Okinawa. I found out because I asked. I asked because there language sounded different than nihongo. They are all from Taiwan and its apparent this is one of the first times they have seen Americans. We were being followed and watched the whole time. People were snapping pictures of us the whole time. I was so excited when we were finally able to get out of there and we weren't being stalked anymore. I can't imagine being a celebrity. Yikes. I mean, they were all nice, but we couldn't enjoy fully our time there because they couldn't stay away from us. That was quite an experience!

No comments: