Sunday, August 19, 2012

{Our Third Day in Tokyo}

The day before we had to leave Tokyo we went to the Temple and to Disney Sea. It was a different experience going to a temple in Japan. It was a good experience though.  I saw a couple Americans that were workers there. One lady came up and talked to me afterwards and she and her husband are on a two year mission there. They both served missions in Japan when they were younger so they were so excited to be back in Japan to serve for two years. She said it was like a dream come true to be back in Japan. The whole session was obviously in Japanese, but we wore a headset for english translation. It was kind of distracting with the Japanese in the background because i kept wanting to listen to the Japanese, but then again i wanted to pay attention to what was being said. I was back and forth. :) I am really glad we were able to go to the temple together. :) It had been well over a year since we had been together. I have a couple better pictures of the temple that i took with my DSLR. I will post those tomorrow. Oh, did i mention that the temple was only a ten minute walk from our hotel?! NICE!!!

Eating....
 After the temple session we went to Disney Sea. We rode the subway straight to the front of Disney. It was very very convenient.  I must say, if we had known it was going to be sooooo crowded we probably wouldn't have gone, BUT at the same time we were glad to go because now we know what Disney Sea is like and it also made me feel a piece of home within me. We at least know that we want to save our kids first Disney Experience for the one in America. It was extremely crowded. I have been to Disney World and Disney Land a few times and they were never this crowded. The rides were all 2 hour waiting times. AND Disney usually does a fairly good job at keeping the lines moving so the waits aren't too bad, but like i said, it was really crowded.  I even heard someone else say that Disney Tokyo is always crowded like that. We only got to ride on THREE rides in 7 hours. Oh well. You live , you learn. We are still glad we went.

Here's the monorail we took to get to Disney Sea from the subway.
 My silly peace signs. All the japanese do peace signs for their pictures, so i have adopted that tradition.
 And so has shane...
 Waiting in line for the TOWER OF TERROR(one of our favorites)...
 The monorail had mickey ears for the handles you hold onto! I thought it was so cute!
Just a random picture.  About 75% of the people walking around at Disney wear hooded towels. Disney sells them in their shops and they are POPULAR. It's like a mini hooded towel. They cover themselves up, i am guessing from the sun, but it seems like it would make them extra hot.
 My strange and weird peace signs. I look like a dork...
This was a fun day. After we got home we went and got in the hot tub and then listened to a guy talk our ears off for about 45 minutes about how he is an actor and how we should really try getting ourselves into it and our kids. hahahaha!

4 comments:

H.Cook said...

Fun!! I forgot you guys went during obon season... one of the busiest weeks of the year b/c everyone is off from work! You'll have to try again on a non-busy week!

Ashlee and Shane said...

Very true! I wonder how the crowds would be when it's not obon?

H.Cook said...

When we went to Disneyland in the spring, we longest we waited in line was 20 minutes.

Ashlee and Shane said...

That's good to know. We might try taking them if that's the case :)