Thursday, January 3, 2013

{Gavin is 8!}

For some reason, blogger isn't allowing me to post pictures right now. As soon as it allows me to i will post a couple of Gavin.
I cannot believe Gavin is 8 years old already! I feel like time is flying by so fast that its crazy.

If you don't know, Gavin's birthday is on Christmas Day. We usually reserve the second half of Christmas Day to celebrate his birthday, but this year he didn't want to wait. He insisted on opening his birthday presents on Christmas morning.

For his birthday we gave him a new set of scriptures with a nice leather case to go with it. I was sooooooo excited for him to open up and see his new set of scriptures. He really likes them. He has a goal to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. We let him read in his bed at night before he falls asleep.  So far this year he has reached chapter 11 of 1 Nephi. He is on a roll! I am so proud of him.

Facts about Gavin....
1. He has a very tender and loving heart. He really cares about others feelings.
2. He has very high emotions, but with that comes lots of passion for what he believes in and what his hobbies are.
3. He has tons of energy, and when he is excited about something he IS EXCITED. haha!
4. He is a smart kid. He says he doesn't enjoy school, but he does awesome with every subject, and he really enjoys being with his friends all day.
5. He LOVES to read. I am glad about that. :)
6. He likes to make sure we do things together as a family a lot. He is like shane and I with that. We like family time and being together.
7. He loves his brothers.
8. He loves football and soccer, and sometimes basketball. Right now Football is his favorite.
9. He loves Ninjago and pokeman.
10. He is fairly outgoing, and makes friends easily.
11. He loves to eat. :) One day we are going to go broke because of how much he eats.
12. His reading level is almost a year ahead of his peers.
13. His teacher enjoys doing science with the kids and they often do some type of science lab. His teacher says Gavin really enjoys doing science, especially the lab.
14. When he grows up he wants to be a football player. :)
15. Did i mention he really likes football? He plays football with his brothers everyday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN!!! We love you!

We have been sitting down a lot lately to watch family home videos of when these boys were babies up until now. Gavin was such a happy happy happy baby. Really, he was! He was always smiling and laughing. AND the CUTEST baby ever!  I don't remember him being difficult at all.  He started sleeping through the night at the age of 2 months! He did that all on his own. I didn't make him cry all night or anything. I was certainly spoiled with him. He stopped sucking on his pacifier at age 10 months(the longest any of the boys used a pacifier), and he went off the bottle at one year old. Simple. Never had issues with him. AND he was the cutest little baby boy! my heart melts everytime i watch those videos of him as a baby. I wish i could go back to those days. I know i enjoyed and loved having him, but looking back now, i feel like if i could go back i would enjoy and love him even more. That's one thing i don't want to feel. I don't want to wish to go back so that i can be better. I want to be the best mom for them NOW and not have any regrets. I really really try to live like that everyday, but it can be hard sometimes. ya know.\
Anyway, i am so lucky to have Gavin...as a baby, a toddler(he wasn't so easy as a toddler) and now. He is growing up. I wish it could all slow down.

No comments: