Monday, June 24, 2013

{So far...}

So far this summer we have had tons of fun. It is WONDERFUL waking up to no routine. :) That may seem crazy to some people who need a routine all the time. During the school year mornings are somewhat chaotic, so its the chaos that i do not miss. This last weekend we took a trip up to Okuma. There was a dental picnic we had to attend and we figured we would stay the night and enjoy our time up there. Our dental friends stayed the night too and we all stayed in a condo that has 7 rooms. It was lost of fun. We played at the beach Friday and Saturday. Friday at the beach was fun because the kids had big waves to play in and they had a blast with the waves. Saturday was perfect because the sand was so soft(normally is very rocky because of all the corral) and the water was perfect. The heat that day was intense, and it felt good getting into cold water and just playing. Here is part of the view we have on the beach.....
I am still in awe and amazed by how beautiful the water is here. There are times , while on our drive here and home, the blues you see in the water are unreal. I could stare at it all day.
 
 
We hiked up one of the steep hills to get some great views of the ocean. We ran into this monster spider. This is a banana spider. Don't even get me started. I have a phobia of spiders. If we didn't have a bunch of friends with us i would NOT have walked under his web. I would have turned back around. I am getting the itchy just thinking about it. You probably can't tell, but these spiders are the size of my hand.
 
We went on another buggy bike ride and stopped here for a picture. I love being goofy in pictures because it makes them so much more fun to look at. I am trying to carry on the tradition of the open mouth smile that we did so often with our friends in Thailand..... oh, by the way.... we really didn't plan what we were going to wear this day. We often find ourselves wearing the same colors and i never realize it until someone points it out to me. We happen to be wearing blue today. Not planned.
Playing in the sand with his friend Jack...
Also, this summer, we have made smores. Smores over our firepit in the backyard and smores over the stove top....
 
We also went to look at the Bon-homme Rashard. I don't know if i spelled that right. It's a carrier. On it you can see a bunch of Ospreys....
You can also see two different kinds of helicopters and on the very left those are a bunch of Harriers. Hopefully i spelled that right.
 We have found Tons of HUGE hermit crabs....
 Really cool shells...
 And TONS of sea urchins!!! I was most excited about the sea urchins. They are hard to find usually. But for some reason on this particular day they were all over the sand!!

We have also been to the pool. Gavin knows how to swim, and gets the wrist band to swim in the deep end. Tanner can swim now, but he still makes me nervous. His head is barely above the water when he swims. Jaydon has usually been pretty scared of the water. He clings to me pretty tightly. BUT after being at the pool for a couple hours he warmed up. He started putting his face under water and jumping in while gripping the side. I was standing at the side of the pool as he was doing this. He put his face under, and let go of the side. He then starts kicking for his life when he realizes he let go of the side and can't swim. I grabbed him and pulled him out of the water. He scares me.

We have also started making our own popsicles. The boys loved helping me put them together and were soooo excited to finally get to eat them.

Tanner and Gavin were in a basketball campe last week. It was Monday through Friday from 9am to 3 pm. They really liked it. Jaydon didn't like the boys being gone again. But it was good for them and they learned a lot. After they got home from basketball camp they would then play basketball at home the rest of the day. It was a lot of basketball!

I can't remember if i mentioned this in a previous blog post. I am sooo impressed by Tanner's reading skills and his abilities to figure out how to say words. I would say the scriptures are pretty difficult for kids. Tanner is six but he can read the scriptures and often is able to figure out the harder words. He is a full on reader now. He is reading The Friend. He just taught us FHE last night out of it. I am so excited for him.

I will post more of our summer adventures as time goes on. :)

No comments: