Thursday, June 9, 2011

{It's Summer Time}

Sorry, some of these pictures aren't that great. This week is the only time this summer where i will get to be with my boys alone, at least for that amount of time. Soooooo, we are trying to make the most of it.

DAILY ROUTINE:We wake up and do our daily chores. Each of us is given something different to do everyday and then we mark it off on the paper. I don't know what i did different this time versus other times, but they are actually DOING their chores JOYFULLY. They are enjoying it! Who knew?!?!

Then we have reading time where Gavin reads us a story. He is an excellent reader. I am shocked by some of the words he can figure out. It's exciting watching him!

Then we open up The Friend and turn to the Summer Reading program that's inside the most recent issue. They give something to do each week, but we finish the one week in two days. So, we are going through it fast.

Then i usually will pop popcorn and we watch a movie together.

Then we go outside and play in the pool for at least an hour or two, and give them their daily popsicle. When the boys are done playing in the pool they decided they like to shower in my shower. They like it a lot better than their own shower for some reason. :) haha....

Then i usually have them play on their own for a bit. Then we get dinner ready and the table set.

Then of course we have our evening routine of playing around a bit, reading scriptures and bedtime routine. They go to bed at 7:30 , which is early for summer, but i want them to get as much sleep as possible b/c when family is here or when we go there they just don't get enough sleep. I am trying to fill their cup as much as possible. :)

HEAT!!:Showings are picking up again, for the house. We only have ONE car. Feels like old times when we only had one car for awhile in cleveland. Sooooo, shane will take the car most days, unless i need it that day for some reason. It's up to 100 degrees here everyday and sometimes OVER 100....so when we have showings i have to take the boys on a WALK for an hour, in this heat. We did this the other day. It was hot. I was HOT, but i was fine. I was just worried about my boys being in that heat for so long. I tried to keep water down them as best i could.

MYSELF: In the middle of this schedule, i manage to fit in time for things i enjoy, like running or biking, reading, and cooking. I LOVE biking. And i just learned that biking is a big thing over in Okinawa, so you can probably guess my excitement about that! :) I am trying to prepare myself as good as i can for my mini triathlon this saturday. I went and bought myself a swimsuit...well, more like a surfer's outfit. It's cute and looks A LOT better than those speedos. I used to wear a speedo when i was in swimming in middle and highschool. I forgot how TIGHT those things cling to your body. It didn't look good! hahaha!

SOUP KITCHEN: Recently i had the opportunity to go help cook food and serve food at a soup kitchen. It was a great experience and i wish i could do something like that more often...plus have my kids help me! When they get older i will make sure they have that experience. I want them to always know how grateful they should be for what they have.

Here are a few pictures recently. This picture is Jaydon wearing Tanner's underwear. He likes to put it on and wear it around. It makes him feel like a big boy. Here is Jaydon's new bike and bike helmet that he got for his birthday. The bike has no pedals and he loves it.










Balloons everywhere in his bedroom on the morning of his birthday. He loved it!











Grandma and Grandpa were here recently. Grandma sat down with the boys and read a few stories out of The Friend magazine. They were glued to it pretty good for a short period of time...then Jaydon decided his brothers were too close to him and he didn't like it. :) haha



Here is Jaydon on Spaghetti night. This is typical when he eats spaghetti. He makes a huge mess of himself. He just rubs it all over his face. I am not sure why. I am surprised that i have a shirt on him b/c i usually make sure to take his shirt off when he eats it!



















No comments: