Thursday, June 16, 2011

{My 30th Birthday}


Here is what i did on my 30th Birthday!
TRIATHLON....I seriously have been wanting to do one for YEARS, and i FINALLY did it on my 30th birthday!

My pictures are obviously backwards. My triathalon started with the swimming and ended with the running. The running portion was only 2 miles. And the biking was only 8 miles.
The swimming was 250 yards. In this picture below i was getting my shoes on right after the swim to head out on the bike portion.
I was a little nervous for the swimming b/c i had not swam laps since highschool. I was on a swim team in highschool so i felt confident i could swim, but i wasn't sure if i would die out quick or not. I got tired FAST, so instead of staying with the freestyle swim, i switched to breast stroke and also to back stroke for the last half of it. It worked out fine though. :) Here i am doing the breast stroke and sneaking in a smile when my head came out of the water. :) I SERIOUSLY love swimming. It was my life all growing up and i LOVE being back in the water swimming laps.
There i am in the blue swim bottoms getting ready for the swim. I am putting on my goggles. They let one person enter the pool at a time, every 15 seconds.
Here i am before the race started, talking with the girl who is setting her bike up next to mine.

It was so much fun that i searched and searched for another triathlon i could do before we head to Okinawa. I found one in Logan when i will be there. AND i am doing it with my sister-in-law! I cannot wait!
There were 100 people in the race and i finished 33 overall! I beat all the girls in there 20's!! Which was awesome! When i saw that i realized maybe 30 isn't so bad! I am at the top of my game now! :) haha!
I can't wait to get to Okinawa b/c they have lots of races there, of all sorts, going on every month. I can't wait to get involved. And i heard biking is BIG over there, so i am excited about that! :) I really enjoy biking. My parents have been here for just about a week now. My dad and i have been going out and riding our bikes, every other day, together. They have nice bike trails here. We have also been going and swimming laps! After getting into the water the second time, it was so much easier to get back in my swim groove. It doesn't take long to get it back. Did i mention i love swimming?. :) haha! Anyway, i swam almost 2/3 mile yesterday. Tomorrow we are going back and i plan on swimming ONE mile. It's been so nice having family in town recently b/c it helps me actually to be able to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE and do the things i ENJOY doing. :)

1 comment:

The JL McGregor Family said...

you are so awesome. and gorgeous! happy #30!! It's gonna' be a great decade!