Wednesday, June 29, 2011

{More Updating}

I am so sorry. I don't have the time to go through all the pics i want to post, photoshop them, and then post them. It takes too much time. So, you will have to keep getting updates without pictures. Keepin it simple people.

MOM AND DAD
My parents came in town a couple weeks ago and were here for a week. We had sooooo much fun with them. We always do. I got my exercise groove totally back. My dad brought his back and we went biking a few times and went and swam laps a few times. We had nice bonding moments doing that together. :) My mom and I went and did some shopping. We went crazy on the sunglasses and both bought more than a couple pairs of them! :) Thanks mom! They were here for my Triathlon and i LOVED having them there to see me do it! It made my birthday that much more special. My triathlon ignited a fire in me like i haven't felt in a LONG LONG time. I am soooooo back in my workout groove and will be doing another sprint tri in a week and I cannot wait to sign up for more in OKINAWA!!! :) yesssssss!

LAURI
Shortly after, my best friend and her daughter came to visit us! We had tons of fun! Let's see if i can give you the SHORT version of our time....

1.Took the kids to Jump for Joy,
2.rented a movie for the kids and built a fort for them to sit under while they watched their movie and ate popcorn,
3.TALKED AND TALKED,
4. had a huge birthday party for all of them,
5.tried to teach a couple of them to ride their bikes without training wheels,
6.watched one of the TIME OUT FOR WOMEN dvd's.
7.Lauri and I hired a babysitter and left for the day to go eat lunch, watch a movie and do some shopping.
8.We put CARS tatoos all over the kids arms and went to watch the 2nd Cars movie on the opening day. We brought our mcdonald's lunch in the theatre(hoping we wouldn't get kicked out for it), and then had tons of candy and popcorn for them while watching it. They loved it!!!

We always have so much fun with them and we have been so lucky to live close to my best friend while here in Wichita Falls. It's so sad knowing we are now going to be so far away. BUT, good news is that Lauri and Jocelyn are going to come visit us in Japan! I can't wait! :) She is truly the best best friend anyone can have. I don't know any better. AND i actually do get to see her ONE more time in logan. She is going to be at Bear Lake and the day they leave to drive back home they are going to come watch me do my Triathlon! yay!! I feel so loved! :)

RIDING
Shane and I have been getting up early in the mornings to go for bike rides. We absolutely LOVE it. We love riding and we love doing it together! We might be tired when we wake up , but once we get on our bikes we are a whole new person...almost giddy. I know, lame. But its true.

Tanner is now riding his bike without training wheels. ALL three boys go out and ride their bikes all day long in this terrible heat. They love it! Shane just got Tanner and Gavin both new bikes. Jaydon got one on his b-day. It's a bike, but with no peddles. You should see him on that thing!!! It's GREAT, so dang cute and hilarious. He is so speedy on that thing. Sometimes he looks out of control, but he never falls. It's hilarious, really. He will catch on to riding a bike in a year i bet. His new bike really helps him to learn balance. It's cool.

FAMILY
We will be with family this weekend and we are soooooo dang excited! Next time i get back to wichita falls, we will only have about 2 more weeks in this town! thank heavens. We can't wait to move on! :)I like Texas, but not wichita falls so much. :) AND i can't wait for shane to be able to just WORK....no projects, presentations and writing up extremely detailed long notes on each patient. No more long hours and waking up at 4 a.m. It will be Just WORK. AND time for us. :) Yessssssss!

My boys are getting so grown up. It's so crazy watching the new things and the more adult talk. I shouldn't say "adult"....just more mature sounding. :) ALL three boys LOVE playing together. They are all stuck at the hips. They are such good friends, and i am so glad. They really have something special b/w the three of them. I hope it always stays that way!

The heat here won't let up. I guess it's preparing us for Okinawa. I hear that the heat combined with the humidity in Okinawa can be terrible. My dad looked it up and their forecast was almost 90 degrees(86)...but with the humidity it makes it feel about 110 degrees. Well, here in wichita falls we have been 100-110 for WEEKS upon WEEKS. So, i think we will manage Okinawa heat. The only thing i am worried about is my hair in the humidity there. hahaha! Seriously, it will be frizzy every single day with that humidity.

The next time you hear from me on this blog will probably be RIGHT BEFORE we move to Japan OR after we get there! I will post everything JAPAN from here on out. I am teaching myself Japanese and i can't wait to eat their food and cook it as well. AND hopefully learn to like fish. :) Keep following along b/c my blog will be full of fun adventures!!! :) luv u all!

1 comment:

Welch TLC said...

Ash,I love your blog. Keep the posts rolling - I want to hear all about Japan. Congrats on the triathalon and happy birthday.
Take care, much love
Laura Welch