Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{Movies as a sleep aid AND a clogged bathtub}

TWO THINGS....

FIRST: How long does it take you to FINISH a movie...from START to FINISH? Well, that answer seems OBVIOUS. It depends on how long the movie is. Anywhere from 2-3 hours. That's what the average time is. I ask this because it takes my husband days to finish a movie from start to finish. THREE days to be exact...ALMOST four. He falls asleep during EVERY movie we watch at home. I don't remember the last time he stayed awake to watch an entire movie with me. The last movie was TRANSFORMERS. We bought it and were so excited to have it and watch it in BED. We bought ourselves a smaller flat screen for our room and just couldn't wait to watch it. WELL, it took almost FOUR nights to get through it. The third night when we turned it on from where it left off the night before we had about 30 minutes left in the movie. 30-45 minutes. Towards the last 15 minutes of it i lean over and he is CLOSING his eyes! I was like "oh no you are NOT going to make us watch this FOUR nights in a row!" So, i nudged him pretty hard "wake up!!!" I had to nudge him every 20 seconds for the rest of the movie. BUT we made it!

SECOND: Jaydon and Tanner took a shower by themselves. Usually all THREE boys get in together. I know, stupid on my part to leave just those two in there. BUT i put them in and they have been showering for awhile now on their own. We don't do baths anymore. But i let them shower in their shower while i HURRIED and took a shower in my shower. We are so close that i can hear everything. Still, stupid. Tanner comes in, but i can hear his shower is still running. I said "go get back in your shower. what are you doing?" He said "but mom jaydon pooped in the shower." I hurried and rinsed and got out. I went in AND this is what i found....

The bathtub suddenly looked like a LARGE toilet. A large toilet that looked CLOGGED. A large clogged toilet with brown poopy water with poop floating all over the place. Yeah. Tanner apparently flipped the button to stop the water from draining. So, it was filling up and was about 1/3 full of water. And his poop wasn't a piece of poop...it was chunks floating all over the place. All over. It was so sick. You can imagine. I had TONS of fun cleaning it up.

2 comments:

The JL McGregor Family said...

It takes us several days to get through movies, too. We hardly ever watch movies anymore because we just can't start them until it's too late to get through them (by the time kids get to bed and the house gets picked up, 9:00 is the earliest we start something). We watch a show on hulu.com because they are only 40 minutes, and sometimes that is asking a lot. :)

Lauri said...

I just threw up! HAHA! Oh, man, that would be a bad bad nightmare for me. I would clean it up in between throwing up in the toilet! :) I'm sooooo sorry, Ash. What a start to the day!
Shane made it through that one movie we all watched while I was there!! :) Whatever it was called. But, we weren't all in bed! hahaha. I've been the same way lately. I am just so exhausted at the end of the day!