Thursday, November 3, 2011

{Nikuman}

I was ready to get a steamer so i could make some japanese foods that i have been wanting to try. I finally went out and bought one. First on the list...Nikuman. These are steamed pork buns. There is a yummy pork filling in the middle that consists of onions, garlic, chili powder, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. The bread was a bit different to make. The consistency was different than what i am used to when i make bread or pizza dough. I didn't think my nikuman was going to work out. After i saw my pork buns rising in the steamer i was amazed! :) They turned out better than i expected! Shane and I first tried Nikuman at a Family Mart off-base and they have been on my mind ever since. I think they tasted very similar to what we tried off-base. I LOVE my steamer! Next on the list for my steamer is Gioza....along with some SOBA. yum yum. :)

No comments: