Monday, January 9, 2012

{FHE}...another post


For Family Home Evening last night we all made cookies together. Each of us put on our NEW aprons that Grandma Jenks made for us, i used my new kitchenaid mixer and we each took turns putting the ingredients in the bowl to make our cookies. It was fun. We really enjoyed putting together this picture too. We pulled out the tripod and got a bit crazy. In case you are wondering what i am holding...cilantro. My second love.
It's funny because recently we had a relief society activity where we each made our own aprons. I ended up not being able to make one. I am in the Presidency and more people ended up coming than we planned so i decided to not make one so that i could help in any way that was needed so that our teacher didn't feel overwhelmed doing it herself. I was a little bummed b/c i really wanted to make one! :) I have been wanting a homemade apron for awhile. And i remember thinking how FUN it would be to make one for my boys. THEN Grandma Jenks sends us these for Christmas! How excited i was! :) I finally have an apron!
Anyway, back to the story. We made cookies, then when they cooled after cooking, we put ice cream in between two cookies to make LARGE ice cream sandwiches. OH BOY those things were GOOD. :) It was a fun family home evening!

1 comment:

Grams said...

Life at your house would be a riot. Love the pics and the treats make my tummy rummmmblllleee! Love Grams