Tuesday, October 30, 2012

{My sweet sweet boys}

I woke up to Shane getting out of bed in the middle of the night. He opened our door and as soon as the door i opened i could hear jaydon crying. It was about 3 a.m.  He started saying "I want mommy." over and over again. I was going to let Shane handle it, but he sounded so sad , like he needed me for some reason. SO, i went in there, stood over him and said "Why are you crying?"  He was crying the most sad cry i think i have ever heard from him. True sadness. ANYWAY, he said, "I want to hug you."  I leaned down, and he put his arms around my kneck, pulled me into him, and while he is still crying with tears rolling down his cheek he kisses me on the cheek and then squeezes me tightly. I put my cheek to his cheek, and he started calming down. After about one minute he was calm.  Then i said, "are you okay now?"  He said, "I want you to take a nap in your bed,"...he didn't say it demanding. He kind of said it in a way that he wanted to make sure i was safe and sound in my bed. I kissed him again and said goodnight, and then he was silent.
That broke my heart for him, but also made me feel so loved...that he needed me and hugged and kissed me on his own, without me asking for it or being the first to initiate it. Such a sweetheart. My boys are so sweet. I love them.

Gavin was sick yesterday. As he was sick he kept asking me to come be with him. Everytime i found a moment i would go sit or lay by him. It totally made him perk up when i hung out with him. I felt like my presence was the highlight of his day. That felt good. :)

Tanner was so sad that Gavin wasn't going to school yesterday. He cried and cried and didn't want to walk to his class without Gavin. I told him i would walk him to class, so i did. And he was happy. :)

Jaydon always tells me before his naps, "I like Gavin and Tanner. They are nice to me. And they are so silly."  We went to meet Tanner the other day by the door he comes out of after school. As soon as Jaydon saw Tanner, he ran to tanner , wrapped his arms around him and gave him a huge hug.  Then he came to me after that and said "mom, i really like tanner." 

Moments , like all of these, melt my heart and make me feel really blessed.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Well, that made me tear up!!! I love those boys! Boys who love their Mom like that are the absolute BEST! What sweethearts!

Miss you guys so much! Can't stand it! :(