Sunday, October 28, 2012

{Our week and weekend}

This last week Shane had to work 12 hour graveyard shifts, except for friday.  It totally threw us both off of our routines. I feel fairly tired this week, more than i have in a few months. I would go to bed fairly late with him being gone. I keep myself busy doing things because i don't really like sleeping by myself.
On top of going to bed late i would get woken up every single night in the middle of the night because Tanner kept waking up with a bloody nose. I thought that was a tad bit weird. Then last night Jaydon woke in the middle of the night sick. So, i was up for a few hours last night trying to help him as he puked. Poor kid.

Friday night we had our Branch Chili-cook off and Trunk or Treat activity. We joined with the Awase branch and i would say there was a pretty good turnout. Combined, it made me feel like we had a ward rather than a branch. :)  TONS of people brought pots of chili. I think there were probably 40 pots of it? That's a lot. Anyway, they had three categories for judging..."the scariest chili" "the spiciest chili", and "the best overall tasting chili".  I WON the best overall tasting chili category. I can't take credit for it though. I received this chili recipe from a friend about a year ago. It was the BEST tasting chili i have ever eaten.  I got the recipe from her and by the time this chili cook-off came , i knew what chili to make. :) I can't wait to tell her that her chili won! The missionaries were the judges and they said they knew when they tasted it that it was a contender. It was fun winning. I don't win things, so when i do it feels good. :) haha...

Saturday we had soccer games. It's always a blast watching the boys play soccer. Soccer is becoming my favorite sport, slowly.  Tanner's team is fun to watch because they are still kind of little and cute. Gavin is at the age where they are getting a better grasp and its becoming more competitive. His team is so much fun to watch for that reason.  Their team , so far, is undefeated for this season. They have two more games to play before the end of the season and i know Gavin is determined that they win it all. :) He plays GREAT out there and is so determined and just attacks the ball.

Saturday night i had a girls night out with 7 other friends. We went to eat some yakiniku, and then we went to the SLAUGHTER HOUSE. eewwwwww! scary! :) It was a blast. We had tons of fun.

The boys had their primary program today and i am so sad i couldn't be there for it. :( But i had to take care of little Jaydon.

This week is going to be busy. For SOME strange reason, i was asked to speak at YOUTH conference. uuuhhhhh, im not sure what they were thinking when they asked me, but somebody had to of gotten that one wrong. :) haha! Yeah, i am a little stressed, but i take it seriously, and so i stew, and think, and ponder, and read and study until i know i have got the write things written down that im supposed to talk about. And ive been struggling the past couple of days. I know i have one part written down right, but feel stuck.  I know it will come together, i just hope its sooner rather than later. :) That's saturday. Then sunday i have to speak in Relief Society. Not soooo sure how my sunday lesson is going to go, being that all my time is devoted to this youth conference talk. ha ha....

No comments: