Thursday, August 22, 2013

{Day 3 Unplugged}

Today was another great success.

1. We played WAR again....about 10 times. The boys always win. They cheat a lot too. I never win.

2.The boys each had their own canvas , paintbrushes, and paints. They created their own drawing on each canvas. We ended up hanging them up in their rooms.

3. We made some flubber. It didn't quite turn out the way it was supposed to because there was an ingredient i didn't have. I tried to replace the ingredient with somehing else, but it didn't work. The boys had the idea to put some of this liquidy flubber in their own sandwich bag. They had fun squishing it all around in their baggies.

4. We cleaned the whole house. The boys didn't complain! Another shocker!

5. They spent the whole evening with Shane building and making forts. Shane bought some fort frames on amazon. The boys are always trying to make forts, but it can be kind of hard to make a good fort. So, shane surprised them last night with frames they could put together to make a legit fort. They played in it for a few hours last night and have been in it all this morning too.

The mood in our home was definitely a noticeable change today. The way they treated me was a very noticeable difference. I did try laying down to take a nap on the couch. The boys rarely let me sleep for long(Jaydon). While i was sleeping Jaydon came up and started rubbing his cheek on my cheek and then kissed my cheek. He kept doing that over and over. Finally, i woke with a smile and said to Jaydon, "You are so sweet. What are you doing?" He said, "I just felt like rubbing you and kissing you." hahaha! He cracks me up. Tanner and Jaydon kept kissing my cheek randomly throughout the day. 

I have a yucky cold right now. So,  yesterday they would randomly go get me some tissue for my nose, and i didn't even have to ask for it. One time Jaydon said, "Here's some tissue for your nose mom. If you need anymore i can go get you some."  They were sweet to me all day long. I loved it.

Mood changes:  Not whiney.  More loving. More happy. More giving. Obedient.

No comments: