Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Latest Sayings and Doings...

Tanner's thing lately is:
1. Saying "pee ewww" when i change his poopy diaper. He says that while he waves his hand in front of his nose.
2. Repeating EVERYTHING we say. If he can't repeat the sentence then he repeats the last word of the sentence. It is so funny.
3. He kneels down for every evening prayer we have. He is so good. He gets on his knees like the rest of us and folds his arms and the majority of the time he is good at holding that position for the whole prayer. I will get a picture of him doing it, i am just waiting for the right time and perfect lighting. :) eeww, i can't wait. He even says "Amen". Cute cute.


Gavin's latest thing:
1. Dinner has turned into a competition for Gavin to see who can eat the fastest. Horrible. Anyway, Gavin says at the beginning of the meal, "you guys can't beat me. I have a BIG mouth." I want to say, "you are right about the second part there." haha. :)
2. This is something i have noticed for awhile, but need to get it into my journaling. He can be very clumsy. It is very funny. When we leave the gym in the morning he waves bye to the guy at the front desk. Well, he will be waving bye to him and doesn't pay attention to where he is walking and runs right into the door. He seems to do this often.
3. Gavin could sit down and read books all day. He loves reading to me and having me read to him. He can't really read, but after i have read a book to him 1-2 times he remembers the words! He is going to be like shane...awesome memory. Wish i had that ability.

Shane's latest:
1. He is enjoying clinic.
2. LOVES LOVES LOVES being with ME and his kids. hehe. :) That is nothing new though. :)
3. Just had an Atypical mole removed. They are going to do a test on it and let us know within a week what the results are. It is scary. Melanoma seems to run in Shane's family, but i am staying positive in thinking everything will be fine. :) The doctor told him that he should really start wearing a hat and shirt in the sun. I am not one who likes to put on sunblock, but i think i will start now. I never really have put it on unless i knew i was going to be in the sun all day long. With this happening and then hearing some RECENT stories of people who have died in their early 30's from melanoma and doc's saying that there are a lot more cases these days...well, let's just say i think i should start wearing sunscreen. The tan isn't worth the risk. :) I can look good without a tan. pssh. Tan shman. Who needs em.
4. Shane rode his motorcycle home the other day. I thought he would have gotten a ride with friends since it was pooring down rain, but NO. I turn and see him pulling into the driveway completely soaked. It was as if he jumped into a river...seriously. I felt so bad for him.

Ashlee:
1. Nothing new with me. Still getting into my workouts. It relieves stress and makes me feel healthy and good for the day. My spinning classes are my most challenging workouts. I love it though.
2. LOVE being with my husband and two boys. :) Nothing new.
3. Cannot wait for vacation to arrive! It is much needed!!!!!! :)
4. Need more time in my days!

1 comment:

Lauri said...

It sounds like baby Tanner is doing a lot of new stuff lately!! He's grown up so much since we saw you guys last!!! I can't wait to hear him talk!
Okay, that racing thing at dinner MUST be a stage b/c Jocelyn does almost the same thing! Except she'll quietly race us and then say, "MOM! You are racing me!" I get so frustrated, which sounds silly, but I can't stand when she tries to rush through dinner! :) LOL.
Okay, I've decided to just bring your frame to the lake! I'm so sorry I haven't sent it yet! I am horrible!!