Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Vacation Here We COME!!!...

This vacation to the Riviera Maya has been 2 years in the making! For 2 years my siblings, mom and dad, and shane and i have been looking forward to this moment with GREAT anticipation! We researched and researched and researched to find the best place. Shane and i are ESPECIALLY excited b/c this is going to be an awesome vacation of relaxation. Our kids won't be with us and that will be a first! My parents decided we all needed one last BIG vacation together....though i still think they will do this again for us one day!!! hehe. :) They booked this awesome all-inclusive resort. We fly to Riviera Maya on the 28th and will spend 6 days and 7 nights. Cannot wait! aahhhh!
Here is another little picture of a section of the pool area at the resort. They have swim up bars where i can get my virgin maragarita's. Will i be in the pool ALL day? Absolutely! We are gonna have to visit Chichenitza...i don't know if i spelled that right...anyway, we were supposed to visit this site on our Cruise that we went on 1 month after we were married(our honeymoon)...but the winds were so high that they couldn't dock and therefore we couldn't see the sites. Shane was very bummed about it, but now he gets to see it and cannot wait!
BUT before we head to the Riviera Maya we leave tomorrow to go visit Shane's family! We are sooo excited to see everyone! TRULY! It is like Christmas. aaahhhh!!! Some of them we haven't seen for a year and there are 2 new babies in the family that we will be seeing for the first time and both of them are just about one year old!!! sheesh! I can't wait to see those little girls!!! We will be camping at Lagoon tomorrow night and spending all day Friday riding rides and going down water slides. We love camping...now that the boys are older it works out a lot better for us. :)While we are there we are going to Bear Lake for 2-3 days. Beautiful lake! I cannot wait! Chill by the water while enjoying family...what else could you ask for? Oh and did i mention that we will happen to be there the same time my best friend is there?! Yup. So i will get to see her for a few hours! Cool huh?!!? Her little daughter and Gavin are best friends. They get along so well and Gavin even calls her his best friend. Sooo cute.
Don't mean to make anyone jealous, but i had to post this b/c i am just so dang excited. It is going to go by way too fast, i know, and when we get back it might be a bit depressing. Seriously. But we have been waiting so long for this and it is finally here. We leave tomorrow(17th).
I will be posting tons of pics when we get back. I am gonna be taking family pictures for my family and of course of all our activities so let's just say i will probably have about 1000 pics. Sounds like a lot, but it really is quite easy for me to take that many. :)

5 comments:

Lauri said...

That is going to be AWESOME!!! I really wish your parents decided to take me along. I could be the baggage lady, maid, whatever you guys need...hehehehe. We are excited to see you guys too!! It makes my day knowing you guys are going to be there! :)
Okay, your comment was making me laugh so hard!!! We could probably do this memories thing forever, huh! So many to think about!! A couple other things that I remembered...1.Your mom always singing primary songs in the car. you guys were so embarressed but I loved it!2. When we all camped out on your living room floor to watch conference...this was before I joined the church. 3.My baptism and my wedding! Both wouldn't have happened without me knowing you!! 4. Remember what happened to my prom dress?!?! You had to wash it out. OH BOY...you are definitely a good friend for that! 5. when we dressed up as babies or something and we used your moms robes. I'm glad she forgave us for that!! hehe. 6. This is a good one...when you spent the night and Cathy vacummed in the hallway for thirty minutes early in the morning on Saturday! HAHA! We just layed in bed laughing! 7. OHH! Ash...Eric Jett!! LOL!! We were obsessed! Remember we got him a card when his mom subsituted our class?!? hahahahaha.
The movies and the popcorn thing and the irritated look on my face made me laugh. You truly know me so well!!! :)
Have a GREAT vacation! We'll see you next week! Wohoo!!! Love ya!

Lauren said...

You made me jealous!! You guys are going to have so much fun on a well-deserved vacation! See ya when you get back. Can't wait to see the pictures!

chrissy said...

good times! have fun..:)

HeatherC said...

don't need to tell you this, but have a blast!

Amanda said...

do you have room for me in your suitcase? I am in Idaho and I could just hide in your luggage. It won't be too hard....think about it.

Looks like fun! I CAN'T wait to see pictures! What a great time you are going to have!!!

Enjoy yourself! You deserve it!