Monday, December 6, 2010

{Chatting}

I just feel like chatting again...to myself...to bloggers. I know, it's one of those posts again from me. I talk and talk and I either bore you to death OR you actually read the whole thing. Either way, i get the most out of it! :)

Here is what i have been up to lately....

1. Young Women's. Oh yeah. That keeps me busy. I really love it though. I love the women i work with! And i love the girls in young women. I am glad it keeps me busy b/c when January, February and March are here i will be so glad that it keeps my busy. I hate those months of the year. They are like torture. At least they were when i lived in Cleveland. So i have high hopes that this time around it will be better because it won't be gloomy and i have something to keep me busy. Also, me and the YW President got together and discussed some things. One of them is this....We have nearly 20 active Young Women. There are about 25 that are inactive. Guess what we are gonna work on?!?!? :) Yup...seeing how many girls we can get activated. That is MY goal in Young Women while i am here for another 7 months. My goal is to get at least half of those in-active girls reactivated. That almost seems impossible, BUT then again NOT. I know the power of prayer...So, i am really excited to see how many girls we can get to come back to activities AND church before i move from here. We are working on reactivating two girl's right now AND one of those girl's parents. I love it. And even if i can't completely reactivate any of them, i know that our hard work STILL might pay off years down the road. They will remember us. :)

2. I feel like exercise has taken a backseat in my life. I mean, i am exercising 3-4 times a week, but that definitely is not like i used to. I just have other things that are more important that i find myself putting first before exercise. That's okay though. For now.

3. Shane is working really hard in his residency. When he works and studies the whole weekend it can be really hard b/c i feel like a single mom. BUT i am learning to deal with it a lot better. I am excited for Christmas break to actually have a few weeks with him. :)

4. Cooking helps me to be happy. I love food. LOVE food. I love making new things and exploring tastes. I love the food blog my sister and I have. It's so much fun sharing that enjoyment with her!

5. I felt the pull to start some geneology. My mom told me of a name in her family that she never could find information about. They just didn't know much about her. And the last time my mom did geneology on her was when they didn't have online resources like we do now...so it was harder to find it. Well, now it's easier! I looked up the name, Lottie Clara Swasey. Swasey is her maiden name. My mom knew that she had married Clement Harper before she married my great great grandpa. When Lottie married my great great grandpa, James Huston, that was her second marriage. I got online and found out that in her first marriage to Clement Harper, they had FIVE kids together! I also found Lottie's mom, Mary Romich(maiden name). Mary had a sister and 4 brothers! So, i found a lot of information, that was so easy to find. It had a picture of the census record showing all their names and ages, etc. It was sooooo exciting for me to find it! Now i want to REALLY dive into geneology and see who else i can find and learn a lot more about my family history! I am so excited! The really cool thing about those ancestor's on my mom's side in the 1850's time, give or take 20-30 years, is from OHIO! TONS of them. I mean, i have lived there TWICE in my life and never knew i have so much family history there! My mom told me of another name i should look up b/c they don't know much about him....his name is Glenn Huston. She knows he lived in Ashtabula, OH and was in the church and had a higher position, but that's all she really knows. So, i am excited to figure all this out and find out so much more about them. Wish me luck! :)

6. Really, the weather here is great. Later in the week we are going to be back in the 60's again. Right now we are in the 50's during the day...and maybe high 40's. BUT we are getting 60's again in a few days and i LOVE it.

No comments: