Monday, May 2, 2011

{Catch-up Monday}

1. My boys are growing so fast. Every day they surprise me with how they are growing. Gavin is reading chapter books and he amazes me with his reading. He reads through it with the greatest of ease. He is an excellent reader. He needs no help from me. Tannner knows a lot, but won't tell you if you ASK. He just likes to share it with you when he feels ready. Jaydon is a mini adult. He surprises me OFTEN with the things he wants to do. He is very different from his brothers at this age. He isn't afraid of trying and doing a lot of things his brothers were afraid of. He often acts like the ruler over his brothers.

2. Gavin is on a soccer team with a coach and parents who i would classify as classic uneducated, southern hicks. The coach is rude, lazy, and lippy. The parents on the team are just about the same way. I feel like the odd man out in that group! Every game the coach and the parents find something to complain about and whine about in their hick country accents. They are the type of people that need drama and if it isn't there, they will create it. I don't pay much attention to them, except when i hear the coach telling her son(who is on the team) to "hit that boy in the face if he pushes you again!" They whine and complain and i hear it sometimes. It can be embarrassing. I mean, come on! We are adults and this is little boys soccer! I try to stay outside of all that stupid stuff they create. She freaks out at the games, but does NOTHING at soccer practice to justify her "freaking out" attitude. She just stands there and talks with her friends. Well, the coach came to shane and I on saturday, at the game, and told us "you remember when we played that team that was mean?" I was thinking, "well, i thought every team we have played is mean(according to her), so i don't know." I guessed a certain team. I was wrong. She told me it was the team with the Mexican boys. OH i remember them. They were really GOOD. They actually kicked the ball correctly and looked like their coach practiced with them a lot. The only thing i remember from that game was the coach and a parent(on our team) going to the referee and complaining about something. Well, apparently the coach and a few parents on our team went to the soccer association and complained about that team. THEN the other team complained about OUR team, saying that our parents were cussing(yes. i can see that.), were sore losers(which they are), grabbed a boys arm on their team(hhmmm), etc. Now, they want our team and that team to go and have a "trial". Basically , we are supposed to tell our complaints about that team, and the other team is going to explain the rude things we did. And if our coach is found guilty of being a bad coach, then she could get put on probation. hahaha! I was like "seriously"? I don't want to go. I mean, it could be entertaining listening to the parents on our team whine and complain. They are very lippy. BUT i dont want to be there when some fights break out, which i can totally see happening with a few of the parents on our team. I mean, the coach called the mexican team a certain prejudice name...not only to the parents on our team, but she made that reference to the soccer association. They were shocked.yeah. ANYWAY, i don't know ANYTHING about what happened at that game. I must be in LA LA land b/c there was apparently lots of drama happening. ? I said to the coach, "I didn't know anything happened. What if we don't come to the meeting?" She said, "Well, the association told me to tell the parents that they have to come. The less parents that come, the less people i have to defend me." Honestly, i wouldn't defend her. She hasn't been a good coach, and is rude and lippy. This team has been a bad experience, not only for me, but also for Gavin. Gavin's team would hate me if i went and agreed with the opposing team. And he still has two more games. Hhhmmm, What to do?!

3.We all sat down and watched The Ten Commandments yesterday. We forgot to watch it on Easter. I SO LOVE that movie. The boys really liked it. They watched all three hours of it.

4.We have a FULL summer ahead of us. BUSY and fun.

5. We have 3 months until shane is done with his AEGD. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED. you have no idea. :) We are preparing, already, for our overseas assignment. Mainly paperwork preparations. I am starting to teach myself Japanese. I have learned 20 hiragana characters so far. Lots more to go. We found out we will have many opportunities to explore other places in that region...Australia, Guam, Hawaii, Tahiti(my all-time dream vacation), China, South Korea, New Zealand...for affordable traveling prices. :) You can bet that we will go and visit as many places as possible. I am more excited everyday that i realize time is getting closer to heading over there. I haven't heard ONE bad thing about Okinawa. Which HAS to be a good thing. :) Shane and I both are often saying "I cannot wait to get out of here!" Don't get me wrong. I really like texas. It's more of our circumstance/situation we are in that we can't wait to get out of. :) It's been TOUGH.

6.Can't believe Osama Bin Laden is "dead".

7. Loved the Royal Wedding. Real life princess story. I was told i looked like Kate Middleton's sister. ? I am told that a lot about certain people. I must have a common looking face. I have also been told i look like Reece Witherspoon(this is the one i hear most), Katie Holmes, and Wonder Woman. :)

8. I am going to TIME OUT FOR WOMEN in OKC with my best friend and her mom in a week and a half. It's for the whole weekend. Then we are going to see Celtic Woman that weekend as well. It's going to be a nice girl get away for the weekend! I cannot wait.

9. Anybody need a chevy trailblazer? We need to sell it. Thank goodness our other car is a lease. We just have to go turn it back in. :) I will miss the Prius. It's been perfect for us in every way.

No comments: