Sunday, October 30, 2011

{Nihongo}

Over the weekend we did a couple of fun things. Saturday morning i went and ran in a 5K with a few of my friends. After that i took Tanner and Jaydon and we went and ran a 5K family run. It was called the Haunted Habu Hill Family run. I didn't think that Tanner and Jaydon would make it longer than a mile, so i brought the double jogger so that i could push them the rest of the time. I was totally wrong. Jaydon and Tanner ran and walked that entire thing. I probably had to push jaydon about 1/4 mile. He wouldn't let me push him. He was DETERMINED to do it all by himself. He was sweating, his face was red, he asked for his water every 25 - 50 yards. He waved at people and said hello the entire time. He impressed me. I was so proud to be his momma. Tanner was the same way. He wasn't into saying hello to every person he passed, but he pushed himself so hard. He ran most of it. He had to stop and walk a few times, but man he was DETERMINED too! They were pretty tired in the last 1/2 to 1 mile of it. They started pooping out. BUT i helped push them so they could finish and they were so proud of themselves when they were done! It took us an hour to do it. They had oranges and bananas and Halloween candy waiting for them at the end. They pounded the food. It was such a fun experience to see my boys do that...especially for as young and little as they are!I mean, a 5K!! seriously! That little jaydon has the most determination i have seen out of my boys. He is going to take on the world and nothing will stop him. I have felt that ever since he was in my belly. I walked Gavin to school today and jaydon just wanted to run the whole way. So long to the stroller.


Then on Sunday evening we invited a couple and their young baby over for dinner. They are japanese. Shane talks with the girl at work. She cleans his office. So they will try communicating and help teach other english and japanese. They came over, but she ended up coming over by herself with her one year old. Her husband was sleeping, she said. hhmm. Anyway, it was interesting trying to communicate when we both know so little of each other's language. We had google translate to help us. Shane and I both learned a few things with the language that will stick with us. It will take a while to learn this language. BUT we are DETERMINED to learn it. sono hijo ni mizukashii.

She brought us over some japanese drinks, sushi, and japanese halloween candy. This one that shane is pouring out is TEA. We tried it. It was tea. It was gross. It is so bland and ucky.

hahaha! Shane looks funny in this picture! :) Anyway, THAT drink is orange juice....


This is the halloween candy. It's skinny skinny little pretzel sticks with a thin layer of chocolate on 3/4 of the stick. They are good, but definitely not halloween candy.
Here is the sushi she brought over. The on in the very middle is UNI...which is sea urchin. She said that is her favorite. It's weird how tastebuds are so different. I tried it and it tastes the way my child's diaper smells in the morning ....that OLD pee smell. yuck. I like the squid, which is the WHITE piece and i also like the salmon.Shane tried the salmon eggs. He didn't like it too much. I didn't try it. I was afraid to. Ummmm, Jaydon pounded the sushi! He liked the sea urchin, he ate the bottom middle fish piece. I am not sure what that is. He ate the raw shrimp. He just gulped it all down. And he was excited about it!!! haha! Sushi is so good with wasabe and ginger! GINGER is the best with it. I love the ginger.
Here are my cutie pies! These are the shirts they got for the BIG 5k run they did with me!

I also took these two boys to the Trunk -or-treat on saturday....they loved it. Jaydon LOVED walking around and getting candy! Last year he was too young to get it. This year he loved it! Man i had lots of fun with them on saturday! POOR gavin was sick!!! He couldn't do the run or the trunk-or-treat. I felt bad for him.

No comments: