Monday, November 18, 2013

{A few recents...}

1. We finished reading The Book of Mormon as a family for the second time. I am so proud of us! :)  It took awhile to get through that second time, but we did it. We start all over again tonight, and i hope to incorporate some new things to make it more exciting for the kids. :)

2. Parent teacher conferences were last week. I walked away from the conferences feeling so proud of my boys. They are well above average in all subjects at school, especially reading. And they are both very well loved by classmates and by their teacher. I felt like such a proud mommy that day, and still do. :)

3. Jaydon knows his colors!!! It took awhile for him to get it down! BUT, finally, he got it! :)

4. Thanksgiving day is in ONE week and two days!!!

5. In less than TWO weeks we find out the gender of our baby. Hopefully the baby lets the technician check. I keep thinking the baby is going to hide , like it does when they try to hear the heartbeat.

6. And in less than THREE weeks we leave for christmas in the states! yahoo!

7. I cannot believe it, but Gavin will be 9 years old next month! He is very close to achieving his wolf badge in cub scouts.  He hasn't ever been too excited about attending cub scouts, but we are working at home to get it done so he can get his badge. Maybe once he earns his wolf badge it will motivate him to want to get into scouts a bit more. We will see. One of the things he had to do to earn it was to fix dinner, set the table, and do the dishes. He cooked us dinner last night, and did it all. He was so proud of himself! It was so cute. He learned how to chop vegetables and while he is chopping he says to me, "This is actually kind of fun!" So, i think i have a new helper in the kitchen. PLUS, i think it helps that they have seen the show "Kid chef"....im not sure if that's the right name. But it's a bunch of kids who battle against each other to be the best chef. It's totally awesome, and the boys really got into watching it. I LOVE watching cooking shows, so it was fun that we could all watch a show we each really liked, together.

8. I have to do lots of stretches everyday to help my back. Ive been getting pretty bad back pains, and what feels like braxton hicks contractions, already! Ive been doing good at staying more active than i did with the other three pregnancies. I have a nice set of workout dvd's, with each month having a different work out. I have really enjoyed it. And i try to do yoga right after i do that workout. I have fallen in love with yoga. The stretches feel sooooooooo good to my body, and it is sooooo relaxing.

9. The weather here has been amazing lately....low 70's, high 60's, little humidity. I am in heaven.

10. Gavin has his first Taiko performance Dec. 7th! I can't wait to see him do his drumming! :)

No comments: