Wednesday, November 6, 2013

{Halloween 2013}

This year for halloween the boys decided to be zombies.  They had the chance to dress up twice in one week. It's hard to tell from the picture, but to make their face look a little more yucky i glued toilet paper on and then went over it with concealer. We couldn't find face paint here so i had to search for the lightest looking concealer i could find. This first dress up was for the trunk or treat. They wanted blood on themselves, but decided we wouldn't put blood on them for the trunk or treat. I would do it for halloween though.
 I LOVED that Jaydon's hair is long because i could do crazy zombie hair with it. For tanner's hair i sprayed in some of that dry shampoo. I don't ever use it because it doesn't work well in my hair. Well, it turned tanner's hair a dirty grayish color. Perfect. And i tried to get gavins hair as messy and greasy as i could, but his hair can be very difficult to work with especially when it's short. Here below is a picture of jaydon BEFORE the makeup.I didn't realize i would like it so much, but i loved doing the make up for this! I find myself wanting to try again to see if i can improve on the scary look. haha...
 This picture below was a practice run....a dress rehearsal. :) I had to make sure my idea would work before we did it on the night of the trunk or treat...

My four boys all ready for the trunk or treat. I didn't dress up this year because by the time i got the boys ready i didn't really have time to do my makeup. I was fine with it though.
 Here below are the boys on halloween night, trying to look as zombie-ish as possible. We added blood this time, and i had to forego the glue and toilet paper. The night after the trunk or treat they told me they didn't want the glue and toilet paper again because it hurt to take it off. haha! BUT tanner did decide to do a little on one cheek so i could make it look like a nasty open sore.
 Our pumpkins. I have fun carving pumpkins. I carved every pumpkin except for Tanner's. The other boys wanted me to carve their design for them. Tanner did the cute one in the middle back with the tongue hanging out. So cute! My favorite pumpkin, and the design i chose, is the scariest looking one...i think. :) The big huge mouth with the big scary teeth. I love it. I love having lots of pumpkins. Next year i hope to have more. :) haha!  And we won't be in okinawa so maybe that means they won't rot within 2 days. We really can't carve our pumpkins here until the day before or the day of halloween. By the second day they start molding.

No comments: