Tuesday, November 12, 2013

{A Season for Thanks and giving}

I have never really tried the thing where people post everyday of the month of November what they are thankful for. But i did want to try to post a few times this month about what i am thankful for. The first one is, of course, my family. :) Unfortunately, i am not the GREATEST at expressing my feelings. When i feel filled with gratitude for someone, i can easily sit down and write them a letter to let them know how i feel about them. BUT as for expressing it face to face....lets just say that's not my strength in this life. I express myself on paper, not face to face. I mean, i can tell my loved ones "i love you" all day long, but to get much more than that can be hard for me. I know, you probably think "how sad." I have NO CLUE why it's hard for me.... I feel like its sappy, or corny to start spilling out my feelings of love. It's very awkward when i do it, and it becomes awkward for the person receiving it. haha!! I feel that i am good at showing my love through my actions and giving service. Hopefully my family can attest to that. So, while i might no be the greatest at expressing my feelings and emotions, im glad i have blogger so i can write it all down.

I am really grateful for my husband and my boys. They bring me so much joy everyday, even through all the small frustrations and little trivial things we experience throughout our days. Family isn't meant to be perfect. That's what is great about it. All those small frustrations and misunderstandings help us grow and learn together. Just as going through hard times in life helps us learn and grow, the same applies to family. Our family helps us learn and grow, and together we come closer to one another and gain greater joy. I go to bed feeling blessed and wake up feeling blessed that they are all mine. I am in shock sometimes when i look at a picture of all three of our boys together, realizing another sweet child will be joining our family soon. I can't believe all the lifes experiences shane and i have been through together so far. We have been married almost ten years, but i feel like i have known him forever. I am amazed that he is mine forever. Sometimes it seems hard to comprehend that. All i know is that i couldn't have picked anyone more perfect for me.  And i can't believe our three boys are OURS. We get to love them and care for them and teach them about life. And they put their trust in us. That's one of the most beautiful parts of it. They put their trust in us from the beginning.  It makes me want to make sure i do it right and not ruin that trust and love. And most important, we love them and they love us. FAMILY is a great blessing. There is no greater joy i have in this life than the joy i gain from family through making memories together, learning together, growing together, and loving each other. Family is no doubt central in lifes plan. I truly and sincerely feel so much gratitude and love in my heart for my family.



No comments: