Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Here it is...

Okay, here is my egg roll "recipe". I don't actually have a "recipe" for these that i follow. I basically put in what i thought would be good.

*Bean sprouts(this is the main ingredient)
*carrots chopped into tiny pieces
*celery chopped into tiny pieces
*soy sauce(don't put in too much b/c then your egg rolls will be runny)
*chicken cut up in little pieces(it would taste really good if you cooked chicken in teriyaki sauce all day in the crockpot until ready to put the egg roll together.)
*i bought some chicken raamen and used the chicken spice pack inside. I used 2 of em. (i used these in place of chicken broth b/c if you use too much liquid they will be runny.)
*egg roll wrappers
*egg whites for sealing the roll
*olive oil
*If you are not sure how to roll up the egg roll just let me know and i can assist. :)

Ready to cook:
I put olive oil in a skillet just enough to cover the bottom. Cook the egg roll until each side is slightly brown. I think you want the burner on medium. Then you dip them in sweet and sour sauce! Yum! You could make a lot of these and just freeze them for days you don't feel like cooking. These are fun and easy to make.

Other things you could add that i didn't:
You could add mushrooms, shrimp, onions, zuchinni. You could use steak in place of chicken.

If you have any questions just let me know, and hopefully they turn out for you like they did for us!

I am going to post another recipe really soon that i like a lot! If any of you feel like posting recipes on your blog, please do....i really like trying new things. It helps make cooking bearable.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks Ash! I'll let you know how they turn out. You make it sound so easy, but I don't think I am that talented. So, if they flop, you might have to invite me over for dinner! ;)

Hatsuho said...

I want to try your recipe but your playlist is covering up half the recipe (?) maybe my computer is just weird! grr... Hey, do you think you can teach RS the 2nd Sunday in November? Let me know! :)