Sunday, February 24, 2008

Our weekend Trip...

Friday we traveled with a few of our friends down to Columbus for a temple trip. We got there at about 1:45 and a couple of us went to the 2:00 p.m. session. After that we all went to our hotel and did some swimming. It was so much fun. Gavin scared me twice while we were swimming. We were in the hot tub and i was talking to my friends. Gavin was in there with us too and i turned to check on him and his head was under the water and he was waving his arms above the water. Scared me to death. Then another time he tripped and fell back into the water. Water scares me to death when little kids are around. I am determined to teach Gavin how to swim this summer. We will be doing a lot of swimming this summer! I cannot wait. Later that night we ordered pizza, let the kids run around the lobby, and then played a game called, Loaded Questions. It was a lot of fun. That night i didn't get much sleep b/c Tanner was coughing all night long. We got to bed at about 11:00 p.m. Tanner woke up at 12:00 a.m., 1:00 a.m., and 2:00 a.m. Then Gavin woke up at 6:oo a.m. scared b/c he needed a night-light. Then we woke up an hour later. Good thing the hotel provided a hot breakfast to wake up to. Saturday morning we watched our other friends kids while they went through the temple and then when they got back we all went to Red Robin for lunch. That place is very good. It has a ton of gourmet hamburgers. It is almost as yummy as Fudrucker's(that place is the best). Then on our way back we stopped at the Lodi Outlet Mall. There were a lot of stores to look through, but we didn't last long b/c Tanner was feeling pretty sick. It was a fun-filled weekend. I didn't bring my camera for fear of losing it or having it get stolen, so i don't have any pics to post. I did bring my point and shoot camera, but i never pulled it out to use it!

7 comments:

H.Cook said...

What a fun, well-planned weekend! Fuddruckers is my favorite hamburger restaurant too (I used to work there in high school and never got sick of the free food) -- I loved their steak fries and cheese sauce.. mmm!

Amanda said...

How fun! It is so nice to get away! I love swimming. That is scary about Gavin. He will love taking swimming lessons. Does your city offer them?

I love the game loaded quesions. It is a great game. I also love red robin. They have a garden burger that is to die for!

I'm glad you had a fun weekend!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Sorry about Tanner..both of my boys came down with a running nose and stuff too I just hate that. That is one nice thing about spring and summer not everyone is sick,.it stinks.

Swimming is so fun I amlooking forward to it as well.

Dave and Loralee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave and Loralee said...

p.s.-thanks for asking :)

Dave and Loralee said...

ashlee-you're so nice. :) I feel so bad about venting on my other comment. can it be deleted? hee. You shouldn't have such negativity on your blog! :)

Dave and Loralee said...

k-I deleted it. I've never done that before and always wondered what the "scandal" behind the deleted comment was!! :) So now everyone knows...I vented and was ashamed!