Wednesday, August 13, 2008

4 kids vs. 2 moms...






Shane's sister is here visiting us for the month. She has a little boy, Lincoln, that is Gavin's age and a little girl, Karsyn, that is 10 months old. They are such cute kids. Having 3 boys together can be very tiresome. They like to pick on each other and get territorial and act like, well, boys. :) It is so much fun though. We are doing a fabulous job handling 4 kids i think. I think the kids get more tired than we do...example: Tanner asleep in his highchair. That never happens.
These are just random pics that i wanted to post. I had a photoshoot yesterday and afterwards decided to keep my camera out and snap a few pics of them doing there thing. They saw the camera though and cam right up to the lens....that is why a few of them are so close up. Lincoln liked smiling for the camera... He says, "cheese" and gives me a big grin. Perfect! :) Anyway, we are having lots of fun, and another thing keeping us sane is our books. We are reading the Twilight series. We are completely hooked. I am on the last book and Mandi is on the 3rd book. I finally was convinced to read it when my best friend told me "you have to read it," and then bought me the first two books. I had to read it then. She is so sweet and the best. Well, now i LOVE them! :) I am not a big reader, but if i could stay hooked on every book like i do on this series then i would read all the time! Oh, and i just found out that Stephenie Meyer is in the fam. I think that Shane's cousins wife is cousins with Stephenie Meyer. Something like that. Cool huh? Not that i will ever meet her probably, but that would be so cool! Maybe she could teach me a few things about writing and then i could put my english degree to use and try to write a book myself. Just kidding. That would never happen...but i guess i can dream. :)
Anyway, we stay busy. Every morning we go to workout at 9:00 a.m. at Bally's. Every morning. We bring all 4 kids with us. It is quite a task. They all try to run opposite directions or run way ahead of us. The same nice gentleman is always at the desk. He just laughs everytime and told me the other day, "YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL!!" Yes we do. Then we come home. Read our books, watch Olympics, play outside, and make dinner. Having 4 kids is crazy but fun!! I told Mandi, "I guess i am getting a taste at what it would be like to have 4 kids." She was like, "Well, it is actually a taste of what it would be like if you had 2 sets of twins." So true.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Sounds like you guys are very busy, but having a good time! :)
I'm so glad I guilted you into reading the Twilight series!! haha. I knew you would love it! It's so darn addicting! I wish we could go to the movie together in December! That would be fun!
When things slow down a bit, we need to chat! I still haven't heard details from your romantic little getaway! :) Miss you guys!
Jocelyn starts preschool tomorrow! I'm so excited! :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

If you're interested, later today or maybe tomorrow I'll begin a giveaway on my book blog for a young adult fantasy book (Water Keep) written by a (presumably) LDS writer. HE knows Stephenie Meyer. :) The book comes out in September, but I had a little preview and it is a lot of fun--I think if you like Harry Potter you'd like this one. The publisher is a sister company of Deseret Book--I thought that was interesting.

The JL McGregor Family said...

I was a little worried about Twilight, too, but ended up liking, I mean really liking, them. Also I stumbled across this blog of someone who took pictures of one of my friend's kids. It was fun to look at the pictures and it reminded me of you.

http://tiffanyreederphotography.blogspot.com