Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's better when we're together...




First of all, we took some family pictures. It is really hard taking your own family pictures because there is no one standing there trying to get you to smile. You just have to look at the camera and pretend someone is there and try to put on the best smile you can. Result: Fake smiles. Oh well.

I have to make note of some of the things Gavin does. First of all, have you ever known a 3 year old to EAT and actually LIKE raw onions? Gavin does. I guess that is good, but it kind of grosses me out! :) They were even making his eyes water, but he kept eating them.

Second, i was sitting by him in primary today. He started rubbing my arm and i looked at him and he kept rubbing my arm, looking at me with this smile and said, "I love you mommy. I am gonna tell daddy i love him too." He is the sweetest little thing! I love when he gets in those moods.
Third, he talks a lot about the Holy Ghost. We had a conversation about the Holy Ghost. After that conversation he said, "I feel the Holy Ghost in my chest," and put his hand over his heart. I said, "Yeah, me too." He said, "It makes me sad when the Holy Ghost leaves." He said that because i told him that when we are mean the Holy Ghost might leave. Tanner was just sitting there listening as we had this conversation. He said to me, "Does Tanner get sad when the Holy Ghost leaves?" I said, "I don't think he understands yet who the Holy Ghost is." Gavin then asked Tanner, "Tanner does it make you sad when the Holy Ghost leaves?" Tanner said , "yeah," in this sad whiney voice. It was so cute.




3 comments:

Lauri said...

Love those pics! You guys are so cute! Gavin looks so grown up in the first pic! AHH! :)
Gavin is adorable! I can hear his sweet little voice saying that! Jocelyn likes to rub the side of my cheek with her hand and tell me she loves me. It melts my heart!

H.Cook said...

The totem pole picture is too cute! I loved the Holy Ghost story- your boys are so sweet.

The JL McGregor Family said...

I think your pictures are cute--and I like the totem picture as well. Next time you want someone to take pics with you in them, I'm sure Joe would love to (he'd have to use your camera, of course!). I'm sooo jealous you went to the air show. I really wanted to go and Joe didn't seem too excited so we didn't go and then today I moped about not going and it was totally my fault. So if you go next year can we go with you?