Friday, February 26, 2010

{Snow, shots, Boards, baby}

We are getting hit with a snow storm. Yipee. I love snow. And i love the cloudiness here. It's just lovely. I can't imagine a life with SUN in it. I don't know what i am going to do in Texas when we will only get a few inches of snow a year. And all the sun!!! wow, that will be a new thing. :) What are my boys gonna do? I mean, they are not used to the sun. About a month ago i opened the blinds up and the sun was actually shining. Seriously. I can't remember if it was gavin or tanner who said this, but he said" Ohhhhh, it is so bright!!!" and covered his eyes as if the sun was hurting him. yup.

Gavin had to get 4 shots today!! Poor thing. I was giving him a pep talk trying to make the situation all better before they actually came in with, what probably looks to kids like, 4 LONG huge needles. I thought i was doing a good job. I was calming him down. Things were good. THEN she came in. And as soon as we had to take his shirt off he started crying. I felt bad for him. He did so good though. He didn't move or jerk around. He sat still and cried. He felt better after it was done b/c he got a sticker and a surprise toy. And then i told him that when we got home he could play his DS. So, he got a smile on his face quickly after the shots. :) It hit me that he is going to kindergarten this year. I can't believe it. He is getting so big! He is 3 ft. 8 inches, which is the 65th percentile. And he weighs 43 lbs. which is in the 75th percentile.

Shane's Boards are in ONE WEEK!!! I can't believe it! It is crazy that we are almost done. CRAZY!

Jaydon's second top tooth has come in. He has had his four top teeth trying to come through for, all at the same time, for awhile now! Yeah. It has made for one unhappy baby every once in awhile. So, now he has his two bottom and two top. The one's right next to his top teeth on both sides are trying to poke through, but haven't quite made it yet. We go in on Monday for his check-up. But last time i was in there he was 22 lbs. , i believe. He is wearing 12-18 month clothes. He pulls himself up on the stairs, or anything on the floor that is taller than he is. He likes to stand. BUT when he gets up he can't get down. So, he pulls himself up and then starts crying b/c he needs helps down. He knows he needs help down b/c he has fallen a few times already and it hurts him pretty bad. It sounds like a bowling ball hitting the floor. So, he has learned, which is why he cries everytime he pulls himself up to the stairs. He is trying so hard to pull himself up to the couch, but doesn't have it down quite yet. I give him about 2 weeks.

No comments: