Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Idaho!!!

Here i am with my boys and most of my nephews and nieces. I stole this picture from my Sister-in-laws facebook page. It makes me laugh! haha! Here we are at Bear Lake. A beautiful lake. We love it here. The only bad thing is that the wind picks up pretty strongly in the afternoon, which is what is happening in this picture below. Shane's parents have a big party raft that we took out and sat on, but the wind blew us instantly to the shore.
Shane's parents rented a jet ski for 4 hours. It was lots of fun, especially when it got windy. Shane and i went out, i was driving, i made us get some air and when we came back down we dove into the water, then some water FORCEFULLY flew into my face and went straight up my nose. It didn't feel good, but it was still fun. :)


Here is Tanner enjoying an ice cream come after the 40 mile relay, where everyone ran a 5 mile leg. To Bone and Back, is what the race is called.
Here is Shane running his leg. He did AWESOME. He ran a hilly 5 miles in 38:20. It was a hard leg. All the legs are hard. We had been looking forward to this race for a year. I got sick the day before and couldn't run it. I was so disappointed, but i was still able to be there and cheer for everyone.

While we were there i was able to run a 5K called the Scenic River Classic which i did in a little over 24 minutes. And then i ran in the Freedom Run in Hyrum through the Black Smith Fork canyon. It was a 15K, which means it was a little over 9 miles. It was a great run. I really liked it.
I really wish i had more pictures from Idaho. I am sorry i don't. Scorn me later i guess. But we had lots of fun. We were able to see everyone a lot. We made a visit to Logan where all Shane's siblings live except for one. We stayed there for three nights and just had a blast. We made a trip to American Fork to see our newest nephew be blessed. We stayed the night there. It was lots of fun. We all went together and hiked up Ensign Peak the next day after the blessing. Then we all headed to ChuckaRama to eat lunch together. While we were there Jaydon completely blew out of his pants. My sis-in-law was holding him and when she put him down there was poop all over her arm...somehow poop got on my niece and it was all over Jaydon's back. Let me say, i wanted to scream. He had been having blow-outs like this for a few days. Enough to where i have to change his clothes and bathe him. He woke up at 5 a.m. one morning and i went in and his whole body was smeared in poop. It was sick. We had enough blow-outs to make me wanna lose my mind. On top of that, all three boys were sick within a 24 hour period. Gavin and Tanner were both over the toilet TOGETHER at one point. It was a HORRIBLE bug. I got it. Shane got it. Bob and Janet got it. Ryan, ashley, ethan got it. It was not fun. It hit one after another.
Then we made a small trip up to Rigby to see Grandma and somehow tanner gets car sick in the first ten minutes and starts puking. We always give him dramamine, but we don't give it to him when we are make a trip under an hour, which is what this was.
THEN the day we were driving from Denver to Texas, Gavin woke up sick again, with puking and diarrhea again. I was wondering what the heck was going on. THROW ME A BONE HERE, is what i was thinking. NO MORE PUKE AND POOP!!!! hahahaha!
Oh my gosh, then we get here in this horrible heat and our a.c. in our car isn't working. That is terrible enough in itself. I forgot how hot it gets here. Stinkin hot. Anywyay, i will save the rest of our story here in texas for another post.
This summer, so far, as been CRAZY, BUSY, NON-STOP, TIRING, but LOTS of fun too!!! Definitely lots of memories that we made and WILL NOT be forgotten. :) Thanks to all of our families for letting us stay at your homes for awhile! We loved it. :)




No comments: