Tuesday, July 27, 2010

{A new Journal, and a calling}

Well, when i was released from my calling in Cleveland the girls in my Presidency gave me a really cute new journal. I decided to use that journal as my spiritual journal. I want to record any spiritual experiences, any moments where i may feel i am receiving an answer to my questions/prayers, any new insight about the BOM, or anything having to do with any of that. For example, i just gave a talk in church and i would like to put that in my journal. I feel it can be of great use to fill that thing up with awesome experiences. Not only for my kids, but for generations to come. :) I just wish i would have started it sooner. If you haven't started a journal like this, you should try to start now. I think it's a great thing to have.

Did i tell you my new calling? I am the Acitivity Days Advisor for the 8-11 year olds. I am really excited. I am excited to be with the girls, but i am also excited to be in relief society on Sundays. The Relief Society has already put me to work though...i have a lesson i have to teach on scripture study in 2 weeks for enrichment night. I could use some of your advice or opinions on this. The women in this ward have expressed that they would like to learn new and good ways to study their scriptures. What do you do that helps you? How do you study your scriptures?
Any good websites that you know of that i can get information from? Any advice any of you can give?

1 comment:

H.Cook said...

"Preach My Gospel" is one of my favorite resources for scripture study. I think the best thing is to just start somewhere, anywhere. I feel like I have wasted some time in my life looking for the perfect "method" to do scripture study when I should have just start flipping open the pages of the scriptures themselves.