Wednesday, May 30, 2012

{My baby is turning THREE}



These pictures were taken a couple months before his first birthday! I love the middle picture where you can see his two bottom teeth! So cute!
It's hard to believe he is going to be THREE years old on Friday, June 1st. Grandma and Grandpa arrive here the night before his birthday! We are all so excited!! Since they will have just arrived we are pretty confident that first day they won't feel like doing much, so we decided to rent a bouncy for his birthday, and set it up in the back, while i chat with Grandma and grandpa(shane has to work that day).
Jaydon has continued to be who i always thought he was since he was inside my belly. I know Our children's personalities right now are also who they were before they came here. I always had the sense, WHILE he was in my belly, that he was ready to get out of my stomach and experience the world, that he was excited for life and was going to take it ON. I always felt that. I also felt like he was going to come early. I remember, while i was pregnant with him, telling my mom these same thoughts and then telling her "He is coming early. He is ready to get out and start life and won't hang around in there much longer than he has to."  hahaha! That was true. He was born three weeks early.

His early arrival was also a huge blessing because that meant an awesome delivery for me. My first delivery was traumatic. Big head. My second was a c-section. Third was a charm. delivery was PERFECT. Small head.  About one month after his birth his head was completely different. You would have thought that someone replaced his small head with the complete opposite! It became huge and round. :) haha!

And he still lives up to the way he was in my belly....full of life and energy, excited about life, taking on everything, confidence, purpose.  He is so funny.
People have often said, "He walks with purpose." I agree. He is very confident in what he wants and is his own person. I think it's great and i love watching him grow, just as i love watching all my boys grow. :) He is already a leader and i am pretty confident will always be a leader.

He continually makes his big brother's laugh at him. He can be very loud when he is excited or mad(he does have a very firey side).

There are two things i am realizing right now....he is leaving his terrible two's.  That could be good or bad.  Good because he won't be so terrible anymore OR bad because he could be entering an even more terrible stage....the HORRIBLE three's. :)  We will have to see. Despite the terrible two's he is still so much fun and we all love him so much. He is so different from his brother's. They are all three so different. BUT that's great because they can learn and grow from one another.

In his three years he has lived in Ohio, Texas, and Japan. Crazy! He sure is experiencing life.
And one thing i have to mention in that he is so different from his brothers is his completely outgoing personality. Much to my dismay, he likes to leave the house without telling me. That can be scary, but not as scary as it could be in a place that isn't safe. When i realize he is missing i look out the windows and i often find him talking to our neighbor, asking all kinds of questions like "Where's your doggy? Where's your mommy? What are you doing? Can you play with me? Where's your daddy? Why?" OR he tells them stories about himself or his brothers. OR just the other day, i couldn't find him. I circled the house and then looked ACROSS THE STREET. It terrified me that he possibly walked across the street alone!  I called for him and noticed he was talking with our 14 year old neighbor.  She came over and said, "He knocked on my door and asked if i would come out and play with him." Age isn't a factor to him when picking his friends. If you are a person then you are someone to be a friend to and play with. He treats them all the same. He really loves people and loves to talk. He is very loveable. VERY.

He also tries to make friends with the bee's. He has been stung numerous times now. I continually tell him that bee's DO NOT like being bugged and that they are not nice and will sting you. He doesn't get it. He still tries catching them or whatever he is trying to do with them.

While he is so sweet, he also has two big brother's, which means he has learned to be rough and tough, but not in a mean way. He just likes to wrestle and push and play, all with a smile on his face while he is doing it. He's a boy.  But sometimes when girls come around they don't get it. haha! He likes to tease them and try to hug them or carry them and sometimes they don't like it. He doesn't understand why they wouldn't like it because that's his way of showing love. But a girl doesn't like to be loved that way. They like to be loved like a princess. BUT once in awhile a girl understands his love language and they become friends. :) He loves friends. And he treats them so sweet just like he treats his mom so sweet(usually).

He weighs just as much as his big brother Tanner now. Tanner is taller so he is just ahead of Jaydon in the clothes department.  My friend picked tanner up and then picked up jaydon expecting him to be lighter, but was surprised when he was just as heavy as Tanner. He is a very thick boy.

He has been such a joy to each of us. We love who he is, the good and the not so good. :) I am excited to see what his THREE'S bring him. He has been ready for THREE for a while because when people ask him how old he is he always says three.

Happy Birthday my sweet Jaydon. We love you.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

You know how much I love that boy, too! :) He melts my heart. Someday your boys are going to love reading what you wrote about them. I need to be better about doing that about Joc! It's so fun to read and it'll be so neat to read as they get older and see how they've changed! I wish I was there to help celebrate Jaydon's birthday. I can just picture his face in that bouncy house! :) Love you guys. Give J lots of hugs and kisses for me on his birthday!