Saturday, May 12, 2012

{Our Saturday}

Sorry, no pictures. I imported my pictures, but went to pull them up in photoshop and they weren't there. I don't feel like spending time searching for them.

This morning the boys and I left the house at 8:15 a.m.  We were on our way to the Kids Fun Run.   Tanner's age group had a 1/2 mile run. Gavin's age group had a 1 mile run.  They all started at the same time. Jaydon and i had tons of fun watching them race and running back and forth to watch them pass us so we could yell for them. They started off sprinting like crazy! I thought they would poop out, but they stayed strong. Tanner finished first since he only had a 1/2 mile. He really did AWESOME. I should have timed him.  Gavin did great. There were only about 15 kids age 7-8 running. He finished 4th place, which is great! Tanner's had a lot more kids and i couldn't keep track!  They really felt proud of themselves, and i really loved cheering them on!

Then we went home and talked to daddy! Then shortly after we ran to the store to get some snacks and then headed over to Tanner's basketball game.  Tanner has been getting much better and it's getting more and more exciting watching him play ball!  After his game i took them to Burger King and got them each a KIDS MEAL. That's unsual around here. We usually just get the $1.00 menu stuff. They loved that. Then we headed home for about an hour and then left again. This time we were headed to Gavin's basketball game. He did great, although he doesn't get much opportunity to shine because some kids like to keep the ball to themselves and not pass to their teamates. :) 

On our way home from basketball we drove by the swimming pool. It's opened on the weekends, until school starts. When school starts it opens during the week. When they saw that the pool was open they begged to go to the pool. I submitted. We went home, got ready and as we were walking back out the door again i noticed my extraordinarily messy home. I felt discouraged thinking that it would never get cleaned.

We went to the pool and spent the next THREE hours there.  Of course i have to stay with them in the shallow end. Jaydon can't swim. Tanner  and Gavin are still in the process of getting it down good.  I spent two of those three hours catching Jaydon. He jumped in the pool OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.... :) hahaha! I don't know how he had the energy to do it that long!  They loved it and it was warm out. UNTIL it turned to be about 4:30...then it started getting a chill in the air and was getting cold because the wind was blowing.

We came home, they all three jumped in the shower, and i made macaroni while they showered.  They made a great big mess during their shower. Of course. :) I fed them, and then put Jaydon to bed because he was falling asleep in his chair.

The boys then asked me, as i just sat down, "What can we do now mom?" I said, "Uhhhh, sit." haha! Tanner got upset and at the same time he looks deathly tired. I asked them what they would possibly want to do now. We were busy all day long. I told them it's time for bed. They didn't like that. SO, i said, "Well, if you want to clean you can stay up to clean."  SO, they did. I took out some garbage and then watered my plants. I came back in and the boys were doing the dishes together. I said, "WOW, thanks guys!" They finished that and then started organizing all the shoes in our front closet. I said, "Thanks! You are making me feel so special." Then i went back outside again to water my dying plants again. They came out to help me by filling the water can up.  We came back in and they went back to organizing. Gavin said, "Mom, you know how you said that us cleaning makes you feel special?" I said, "yes, it does"... He then said, "Well, you are special." HOW SWEET IS THAT?! I loved it.  Earlier Gavin said to me, "MOM, you are so pretty." I told him thank you and then asked him what made him think to say that. He said, "Well, because one day when i get married i want to marry someone just like you. I want her to be pretty like you too. If i could marry you i would." I laughed and told him how sweet he is. And then i said "No, you wouldn't want to marry your old mom." :)

Then Gavin and Tanner told me that they have a present for me that they are going to give me for mother's day in the morning.  Then he told me, "yeah, we have a plan tomorrow for you."  Then he started getting excited by playing out the scenario and how he thinks it will play out.  He says to me, "Yeah, we have to get up early because we are going to do something so you can't come out of your room. And then when you come out and see it you will be like, 'OH HOW NICE OF YOU!' " He said that in a high pitched voice trying to make it sound like my voice.  Then he starts taking it further by telling me what other elaborate plans he wants to do for me. Then i said, "Wait! Don't tell me! I like surprises!" He says, "Oh, well, can i give you a hint?" I said, "NO, i like surprises. Save it for tomorrow."  He said, "can i just tell you?"   hahahaha! He is so much like his daddy.

They were so sweet to me tonight. I really loved it. It was a great start to mothers day.  Tanner told me, "You know how you said you feel loved?" I said, "Yup."  He said, "well, that's because its mothers day tomorrow."  He is so funny.

It was a busy day, but it really was a good day. The boys and I had fun. :)

No comments: