Sunday, May 13, 2012

{My Mother's Day}

This morning i woke up early to talk to Shane through texting. He is in Utah visting his family. I was excited to talk to him because i really haven't been able to for a week.
I got in the shower at 6 am after i talked to him.  As i was blowdrying my hair, Tanner came in and handed me a note. He said, "Mom, here. This is to help you find where to go." And then he left. The paper had arrows pointing in N, S, E, and West direction. I had no clue where to go. :)

I said, "So, where do i go first?"  They told me to go downstairs. I went downstairs and at the bottom, stuck on the wall, was a clue. It said "They are upsters and down."  I wasn't sure what that meant, so i said, "Where should i go?"  They told me that there are gifts downstairs for me and upstairs and to go look.  I found LOVE notes from them downstairs. They drew pictures of me and said stuff like...

 "I love you so much." Another one said, "I love you evrey day. You are the best mommy in the world. You are the preittest mom. And buttiful. I love you." I really like the "buttiful." That really describes my butt well. hahaha! Butt is full. get it? ha!

Then i went upstairs. They hid stuff in their bedroom. I found a card that Gavin made for me at school. It said...
"Dear mom I love you mom. I like when you kiss me. I love that you are my mom. I like that you help me. And you are the best of all."
I also found a paper he filled out at school where he fills in the blanks...
1. My mom is..."funny".
2. I love it when my mom cooks..."pizza".
3. My mom is super at... "cooking".
4. My mom likes to ..."play with us."
5. My mom is..."30" years old.
6. My mom's job is..."to clean". I wasn't sure how to respond to that one.
7. When my mom laughs she is..."cute".
8. My mom is always..."fun."

I get the impression he thinks i am fun. :) That's nice. Although i am not sure i want him thinking my job is to clean. I think i need to demonstrate my role a little bit better to him by handing over more house work to him. Then he will learn my job isn't to clean. :) bwahahahah!

I also found a little booklet my like the fill in the blanks paper above.
1. My mom and I eat..."pizza". Apparently he likes our homemade pizza night on fridays since this is the second time he has mentioned it.
2. My mom and I read..."fun books."
3. My mom and I like to..."play".
4. My mom and I go to..."the playground."
Then he drew a picture of the two of us on the back. He is taller than me. In fact , he is taller than me in most pictures. haha!

Then i found a present. He made a gift for me at school. I unwrapped it and it was a jar with a pretty flower display inside. I felt emotional after all of this because they really surprised me. I also felt emotional because i really missed my husband and wanted him to be here with me, and i really wanted to be with him in utah and with his family.

After this scavenger hunt, we ate breakfast. I quickly realized our food was lukewarm, and the stuff in the freezer was melting. I thought "WHAT?! NO!" I called maintenance and they couldn't come today and i had to wait til tomorrow. So, i started thinking, "What on earth am i going to do." And when i looked at the stuff i would lose i got really upset. I thought i would have to put my food in my neighbors fridge, but didn't want to bug them on a sunday morning at 7 am.  I just about started crying. Then i got mad at the fridge and said, "I am GOING to figure this out!" It was plugged in. The light turned on in the fridge when i opened it. Then i noticed the KNOB....the cold knob was completely off. SOMEbody turned it off. Man i felt relief, but then quickly called the boys over to lecture them for a minute about WHY they can't touch that knob. Just when i was lecturing them and still feeling emotional, i noticed a friend from basketball walk in front of our window, and i thought, "WHAT is she doing here?" I opened the door and she had a professional looking cake that had the superman logo, and then MOM written under the logo. SUPERMOM. :) I started crying. She probably thought i was CRAZY.
SHANE had this in place for me before he left for alaska. He is so sweet. I LOVE surprises and that was a surprise! I love him. Oh, it was carrot cake. YUM! It was good. Speaking of, i need to go pound some more of that. I have only eaten TONS of it already today. I am emotionally pigging out on it today. Seriously. For one week i have gone without cookies, cake , ice cream...but i gave in to this one. 
I was still really emotional though.
We went to church. GAVIN took care of me so well. He just sat quietly the whole time, leaning against me. He scratched my arm, wanted my arm around him. He just wanted to treat me special. Tanner wanted me to hold him for awhile. They loved taking care of me.

Then after church, my friend Amy stopped by to steal the boys for awhile to play with their kids at the playground. She wanted to give me some time to nap or do whatever. I thought how thoughtful she would do that for me on mother's day, when she could be relaxing.

Then my friend Jennifer called and asked to stop by. She came over, sat with me on our backporch and we talked for awhile. She brought me some yummy chopped up honeydew melon. That was so kind.

Then another friend of mine, Melissa, called me and wanted to stop by to bring me something. She and three of her girls brought us a huge homemade cookie. She stayed and chatted for a bit.
By the time this was over i felt so GRATEFUL for good friends. I am so lucky to live by and go to church with such amazing friends. I have never really felt a need for friendships before, except for the one i have with my best friend.  But i am gradually learning that i love good friendships and need it. And so do other women. I really felt loved today.

All three of those ladies are good friends of mine. And i just found out one of them is staying another year OR two...we thought they were moving, but just found out they are now staying. SO excited.

It was probably on the top of my list of best Mother's day ever....and it would have been PERFECT if shane were here with me.

1 comment:

The JL McGregor Family said...

I'm so glad you had some friends to take care of you on Mother's Day! Your boys are so great!