Monday, July 23, 2012

{1 down, 2 to go}

Okay, so this post is full of randomness. :) Randomness is probably NOT a word, but i like it here. One down, two to go refers to my little fish here. Gavin can swim on his own now. He had to pass a swim test in order to be able to swim in the deep end and to be able to jump off the diving board.  He had to tread water for one minute and swim 25 meters. He did it. He is doing great in the water. That sure does help me in knowing at least ONE of them knows how to swim now. 
 Tanner is getting better and better every time we go to the pool. I try to take them often enough to help them learn. We usually spend two hours and i really work with them on their swimming skills. I taught them how to go under without plugging their nose and instead, blow bubbles out of their nose. They did it , but it's still so new and weird for them that it will take a bit of time before they are constantly doing that instead of plugging their nose.  Here is tanner swimming on his own.... He swam half of a 25 meter all on his own, but still has that swim where he looks like he is drowning when he swims. He is cute. :) He is almost there.
 No pic of Jaydon. He is glued to me the whole time. :)  Today he was a bit more daring than he has been this summer. Last summer he was fearless. This summer is a different story. He jumps into me, i taught him to blow bubbles in the water. He will let me put him under the water for a quick dunk, and i was able to get him to push off the wall to me. So, he is doing all of that really good. Today was a big break through.
 On our way home after watching the huge fireworks show that Churaumi Aquarium puts on every year.... Jaydon was upset when the camera light flashed. :) Part of it is that he hates sleeping in that chair. I don't blame him. I would hate it too. Usually by the time he is completely asleep the whole top half of his body is laying flat completely to the side. It drives me insane watching how uncomfortable he looks. I always try to fix him, but he continually falls back over.
 Two love birds watching the fireworks from a distance....
 Gavin sharing his drink with Jaydon. So sweet. I love Tanner's face here. He looks like a deer in the headlights....
 On our way there....
 The boys playing with grocery sacks. They thought it was hilarious when they turned the sacks into a cute little outfit, or whatever that is. I am not sure what Gavin is doing in this picture. He always has some strange poses he likes to do and i usually have to tell him to cut it out because i want some kind of decent looking picture....otherwise he would end up looking strange, like this one, in every single picture. :) He is a funny one, that Gavin is. :)

No comments: