Sunday, July 29, 2012

{Church callings}

Church callings.... I was released as second counselor in the Relief society presidency back in May, i believe. Since then i have been subbing in the primary as a teacher. That's been wild, but it's been nice and easy. :) I have been trying to enjoy only worrying about a lesson every sunday. :) I had been wondering WHEN they were going to give me another calling. I was starting to worry that they were waiting to call me as a president in primary or a counselor, since they will probably be redoing it in a month or two. We are in a branch where people are needed.  In the meantime of having no calling people have been asking me to do various things in different areas for young women's, relief society and primary.  Shane has been the ward clerk in our branch. For that calling he leaves early in the morning and stays for a few hours after church every sunday. Sometimes he has to go to the church during the week, depending if one of the counselors wasn't able to make it. It will be nice when a few more families move into our branch. :)

Well, we got a call on Tuesday that the DISTRICT President wanted to meet with shane and i on Thursday. We went in and he asked shane to be the 1st counselor in the Branch Presidency(Bishopric). I thought i could handle that because he will be gone only a little bit more than he already has been as the clerk. Sounds good. Sounds alright. Then i walk into church today and President Sego of our branch wants to talk to me. I thought it had something to do with shane's new calling that they were going to announce at church today. He ends up asking me to be the 2nd counselor in Relief Society Presidency again. I enjoyed the Relief society so i am fine with that. As i sat down and started thinking i just thought "wow, that's a lot of work". BUT at the same time i feel peace. I know his calling and mine will bless our family, and it feels right. What's funny is that with each new step in our lives and in my own life, i can see how i have been led or guided to the point i am currently at. And together i can see how we have been led and guided to where we are currently at as a couple and family. And how we have been prepared. So, while it seems like two very busy callings combined, it feels right. We both feel like it's right and we both feel at peace. Thank goodness. :)

1 comment:

Mandi Kay said...

Both of you are extremely special people with tons of talents and abilities. One of them is letting your faith and confidence lead you along. You guys have both been amazing examples in my life and I'm very glad that you get to share so much of yourselves with those people there. :)