Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Already looking forward to next summer

Okay, so my parents are taking Shane and I and my brothers and sister on vacation next summer. We are leaving the boys with Janet, my mother-in-law. I have been researching possible destinations for months now. Yes, i am so excited for this trip that i have actually been looking forward to it for a year already. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE my boys, but i cannot wait to have just one week where i don't have to wait on them! I will also get one week of alone time with Shane-an opportunity for us to reconnect again! It will be awesome! If it were up to me and money was no option i would make sure we went to Bora Bora! That is one place i WILL go to one day! Oh it is beautiful, but pricey!!! One day Shane and i will go there! :) Anyway, in the beginning we talked about going to Hawaii. Then we talked about going to some island, like St. Lucia. Then we talked about going over to Europe, which would have been awesome, but we pulled that one off the list for many reasons. Then we talked about going to Orlando and staying at a Disney Resort and getting a pass that would let us in every Disney park, including the water parks. We started setttling on that decision, but the more i thought about it, the more tiring it sounded. A vacation with no kids....a time for relaxing, kicking back, being waited on instead of waiting on others. Hmmmmmmmm.... going to an island started sounding much more appealing. In Orlando there are sooooo many things to do and i would want to try and get to every park possible so that we wouldn't miss out on anything. We would be going non-stop from morning until late night trying to see everything. That sounds exhausting to me. Let me repeat....We do not have kids with us!!! In that case, i don't want to feel rushed with so many things to do and see; therefore, an island is the best option! I cannot wait. Plus, my dad cannot ride any rides b/c of his heart. Brion gets motion sickness sooooo easily, so really he wouldn't last long on the rides at Disney World... at least at MGM, Epcot, and Universal Studios. Plus, we have been down there a few times already and it would be fun to experience something that we haven't experienced yet. Right?!

No comments: