Friday, August 17, 2007

Boys will be boys

I am in the middle of potty training Gavin right now. He is doing really good. When we are at home he uses the toilet, but when we go out he doesn't do as well, which i guess is expected. But recently he has started telling me that he needs to go to the bathroom when we are out in public, which is awesome. Oh, he is also scared to go #2 on the toilet, which i hear is normal as well.

Anyway, i was drying my hair the other day. Gavin comes in and tells me he needs to go pee- pee, so i put him on the toilet and i go back to drying my hair. Suddenly, i hear Tanner sucking on something and he must have just slipped into the bathroom because i didn't know he was there until i heard that sucking noise. I look down and there he is with a piece of poop in his hand and he is getting ready to eat it. I freak out. I grab the poop, look over at Gavin, and notice that there is poop smeared on the toilet and all over his bum. I only have one hand to work with! I start calling for Shane in a panic. I am yelling, "where did this poop come from!" I don't see any trace of where the poop came from. Anyway, after i took the poop from Tanner's hand he decides to smear it all over the bathtub. SOOOO sick! Shane grabs Tanner and immediately starts scrubbing his face. I help Gavin with his mess. I suddenly realize that when i put Gavin on the toilet he had already started going #2. Somewhere along the way is when the poop fell out and, of course, Tanner noticed it. Shane ran upstairs to put Tanner in the bath and i followed with Gavin in my arms. After bathtime i brushed Tanner's teeth for about 5 minutes and then Shane finally said, "hun, i think that is good." :) I could have brushed his teeth for another 20 minutes and still would have felt like it wasn't long enough. It was quite an experience.

If you are wondering if Tanner actually ate some poop, no i don't think he did. He just had it on his lips and it looked like it was on his teeth, but Shane washed his mouth out before he could actually swallow it....at least i hope so. But he isn't sick so that is good! :)

1 comment:

Mandi Kay said...

This story is hilarious!!!! We haven't been potty training yet but we've had some pretty funny stories of Linky going #2 in the bathtub. I interested to see if playing with poop is just a "boy" thing. Only a few more weeks!!!! We miss you guys. Love ya!