Monday, August 27, 2007

Our life Friday - Monday

Okay, Friday night we watched our friend's two little kids who are the same age as our two kids! We had a lot of fun watching them. Avery and Gavin are like best friends and little Andrew is just soooo cute. We watched their kids so they could go on a date. Shane's Birthday was on Saturday. Our friends watched Gavin and Tanner for a few hours while we went driving around on Shane's scooter and went to lunch. We had a lot of fun together. We were about 15 minutes away from home and it started raining. Shane was saying, "oh no!! This sucks!" I loved it though. It was fun getting rained on like that. Most of the time it felt like needles were poking me, but it was fun! It is definitely something we will always remember! Later that night we went back over to our friends house. I made a cake for Shane and brought it with us. He wanted "Better -than- anything" cake. (He's afraid to call it by it's real name.) :) It is yummy! We ate that and then played games. It was fun!
Then today, Monday, i hurt my knee really bad! I started running up the stairs but completely missed the step and my knee slammed into the stair and it hurt so bad. It is now swollen and bruising. It hurts to bend my knee or to use it in any way....it is even sensitive to the touch. Shane thinks i will be fine in a few days! I hope so b/c i have a run on September 3!
Then tonight, we went with a bunch of friends to an Indians baseball game! I took some pictures which i will put up soon. They were playing the Minnesota Twins....fitting, since that is where my family lives. Each couple has 2 kids just like us, so it was fun watching everyone looking at us in awww. :) haha. They were eewwing and awwing over the little one's. It was funny! I must say, my friends and i have got to have the cutest kids i have ever seen! They are all so dang cute!! :)
On our way out of the game, this guy starts walking up to us with flowers, saying to shane "here give the little one's some flowers and the ladies too". I was thinking, "why is he doing that?" Then all of a sudden, after shane takes the flowers, the guy asks for money b/c he is homeless! Am i mean? My first thought and what i just about said to him was, "you sure don't look homeless to me". I believed this guy was full of crap. We don't have money.... and i sure won't give it to some guy on the street who will probably go spend it on booze. I said, "give him the flowers back". Then my friend gives him some dimes. Anyway, he looked like one of those guys who makes a living off of begging who isn't even homeless. Guys like that can make more money off of begging than someone who has a good paying job! Anyway, i say give your money to a good cause, a good organization, a charity.... help people, but i don't believe in giving money to people off the street like that.
That was our weekend and our Monday events. Hope you enjoyed reading! Hopefully you could understand everything i typed.

No comments: