Thursday, September 6, 2007

Where has the time gone?!

I have been thinking a lot about this past year-mainly how fast it has gone by. I cannot believe that Tanner is going to be a year old this month! It boggles my mind. I feel like it was just yesterday when he was this little. He was so tiny, so fragile, so needy. When i think about how he was in the NICU for a month it almost seems surreal. I do remember the hardships from it, but when i think back it is as if i am watching someone else go through it. I am so grateful that all the doctor visits, surgeries, and blood tests are over with. We've had enough of those to last a lifetime. He is now perfectly healthy. He is big, into everything, happy, cuddly, curious, determined, and loves his big brother. Gavin is getting so big too. They both love playing together, taking baths together, and playing hide-n-seek. Gavin likes to feed Tanner his food. He likes to shake his bottle and put it in his mouth for him. Gavin just loves to help out any chance he gets. They are so fun to watch, and i cannot wait to see their friendship blossom as they grow. I wish that i could slow down time. I wish that i could keep them this age until we feel ready to let them grow. I have learned something: Live in the moment. So many times we yearn for the next stage in our life. But when we do get to that next stage we always look back and wish we could go back to the stage that we wanted to move on from. As hard as it is sometimes being a stay-at-home mom, i wouldn't trade it for the world. I have the most rewarding and the most important job ever to exist. I am a mom. And i am proud of that. I am proud of my two boys, and i hope and pray everyday that i can be the kind of mom they need me to be.

1 comment:

Bingham fam said...

Ashlee,
YOu are such a great mom I can tell. I think that your boys are so dang cute. I look up to you and think that you are a really special person. Time does fly to by to fast but I like your view on living in the Moment. I have been caught up in the opposite just hoping for Katelin to grow out of this phase and out of that phase you know. I need to have more patience because one day I will look back and wish she was still little. Thanks for the Wake up!
You are a doll!
Kristy