Sunday, April 19, 2009

{Over the weekend...}

We went with some friends on Saturday to a rock climbing place(i can't remember the name)....Whipps ledges, i think. The boys and i watched Shane and his buddies climb this wall. Here are 2 pictures of Shane taking on the task. This first picture he kind of got stuck in the hole. It was funny.
Then after the rock climbing we all went to BrandyWine Falls and had a picnic and then enjoyed the beautiful scenery.
Here is our cute little family....won't be so little anymore after a few more weeks.

I had to take a picture of this bench b/c it said "I heart Ash"....It was fun seeing my nickname carved into a bench, so i took a picture. :)
We did a lot of climbing---well, for an 8 month pregnant woman it was a lot. :) BUT, i made it just fine and considered that my workout for the day. It was a fun day.
Later That Night
Shane and i went on a date. We went to see Benjamin Button, which was a good story i guess, but it was too slow. We were occasionally looking looking at our watches hoping it was over soon. It is amazing to me how they can make Brad Pitt look so young and beautiful. :) We stopped at Wendy's to get a Frosty...a small frosty. When they gave us the cup, it was this mini cup....it wasn't the size we always get for a 99 cent Frosty. It was quite hilarious. I don't know if they were playing a joke on us, or if they have downsized. AND when we pulled up to order and came over the intercom saying their usual line, "welcome to Wendy's, would you like, blah blah, and etc." Anyway, this lady was overly exaggerating every word and super excited, it was strange. Overall, it was a strange visit to Wendy's. We had a good night though and it was nice to get out of the house....ALONE.
The Day Before
The boys and I went to the park with some friends and we all got sunburned. We were out there for about 2 hours i guess and i didn't even think about putting on sunscreen. It was like 60 degrees outside. Anyway, needless to say, we got a little sun on our faces. :)
Oh, can you believe it...I am going to be 8 months pregnant this weekend. Crazy, huh? I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by so far. :) I meant to take my maternity pics over the weekend, but things came up and we got busy, so i don't know when i am going to do it. I can't do it this weekend b/c we will be in D.C. I will have to do it shortly after that.






3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I love the picture of all the kids on the fence! Too cute!

Lauri said...

You are so cute, Ash. Love the family pic! You guys are going to D.C?!? I'm so jealous! :) If you have time, I would definitely go to the Spy Museum! So fun! If you could go w/out the kiddos, I would suggest the Holocaust Museum too. As you can imagine, it is very sad but the museum is put together so well and respectfully. I think the Cherry Blossoms should still be in bloom too! Oh man, I miss it!!

Lauri said...

Oh! Another place that is amazing is Mount Vernon! SOOOOOOO pretty!! Definitely go there if you guys can!!!! :) There's just so much to see!