Tuesday, April 27, 2010

{Boys and their sports...this post is more for family}

We went to the park so the boys could play football and baseball. Here is Tanner throwing his football to me. Here is Tanner running to me....

Here is Jaydon sitting in seat we pull behind the bike.

And Gavin playing t-ball.





I realized recently what the rest of my life is going to consist of ....
1. SPORTS. Lots of sports. Lots of going to games. Lots of leisure sporting activity.
2. Cub Scouts and Boy scouts. They will all be in it. It seems like the mom's that have all boys always end up as a scout leader.
3. Lots of gas releasing.
4. Spending LOTS of money on groceries. Boys eat a lot! Especially mine already! I mean, Gavin already eats more than i do! Not kidding at all. I can't imagine how it will be when they get older.
5. Lots of girls calling the house. Honestly, i hope not. But my boys are so cute and have great personalities....how could they not call looking for them? hahaha(i know, a bit braggish) I really hope they will be teenagers like shane was. If they will then we won't have too many problems with girls coming around OFTEN.
6. Lots of testosterone.
The other day all the boys were like "let's go to the park and play ball." I was thinking "ah man....what else can we do?" I just don't get all excited about the sports like shane does with the boys. Then i realized we have boys. The rest of my life is going to consist of lots of sports. I moped for a minute b/c i was like "i want a girl who wants to do girly things with me. Like go shopping, paint nails, sit and chat and watch girly movies, decorate, etc." Well, i realized that won't happen....so i decided to just DEAL with it and learn to love it. They like it and that's what matters. :) So, i need to learn to have fun with it. And i can. I will learn. But i will make them do some things with me every once in awhile that I want to do...hahah...like watch girly movies. I will teach them to learn how girls are and teach them how to treat a lady. :)
BUT believe it or not my dear little boys...i attempted a lot of sports. I played t-ball when i was little. When i got older I was in karate and got my yellow belt with 2 red stripes on it. Your uncle got his Brown belt. Actually , i think both of them did. I was in swimming and swam in competitions (swimming was one of my favorites. i still love it. I just need a pool.). I beat my older brother at the 100 IM. haha. I like to remind him of that when i can. :) Believe it or not...i played basketball in middle school. I liked it a lot. Yup. Bet shane's family didn't know that one! But we stunk so bad and never won one game. I got the clue after that and never played again. Though i did take basketball class after i married shane so that i could get a little better and play with his family. But that never happened. I still stunk at it. :) But i do enjoy it. And when i can't do something the way i picture myself being able to do it i get frustrated and give up sometimes. :) And stay away from it! I took tennis lessons. LOVED tennis and still do. I was in dance. LOVED dance and still love to dance. I was a wrestling cheerleader...hahaha! I will leave it at that! And believe it or not....i like to wrestle. Sometimes it doesn't matter the size...it's the MOVES that get ya. I like to wrestle my husband. I like to try to pin him...show him up. haha! Doesn't happen too often b/c he is a lot bigger and sometimes size DOES matter, such as in this case! :) haha! But i like to surprise him and show him i am tougher than he gives me credit for! :) My brother was a wrestler so he taught me moves and liked to use me as his dummy A LOT growing up. AND i watched a lot of wrestling matches when i cheered for them. It's a tough sport. Your papa seifert was a big time swimmer. He won state competitions in the butterfly stroke...which is the TOUGHEST stroke. When he goes back to his hometown in quincy, illinois they still have pictures of him up on the walls from newspapers showing him as a winner. Cool huh?! We went to baseball games all the time growing up. We had season tickets to watch TU basketball , which i LOVED going to. And now i am a runner. So, i guess sports has been a big part of my life...more than i realize. I CAN do this!

No comments: