Monday, April 19, 2010

{Closing time...}

So, over the weekend Shane went to Utah to watch his sister be sealed to her husband and her kids. I stayed here, obviously, with the boys. My sister came over and spent the whole weekend with me. We stayed up too late(too late for me) and talked and laughed a lot. We had lots of fun together.
While Shane was gone i decided to get a project done. I resurfaced our dining room table. I think i did a great job and it looks great, though i think it might be a little too busy. I might have to redo it again into something different, but i don't mind b/c i had fun doing it. I still have to paint the chairs...trying to figure out what color to paint them. But i figure it's a lot cheaper remodeling the table instead of buying a new one. My next project, which i hope shane will help me with :) is making a headboard for our bed. Yup. I am dying to make it and it will look awesome. Anyone know where i can find used cabinets?
Saturday night was the Senior Dinner. I had been excited about that night since last year. Last year i babysat for some friends so they could attend it and it sounded like fun and i just had been looking forward to it for awhile. To me, it was a time to celebrate the 4 years we have been through together with friends, as husband and wife, etc. So, i was honestly sad when i knew he would be leaving b/c that meant i couldn't go. BUT i decided, "man, i have been lookin forward to this for awhile and i am not letting him not being here stop me!" So, i went. All by myself. I felt like a dork at first, and a BIT awkward, but some of my friends helped to make me feel comfortable , saved me a seat, and made me feel not so "dorkish" being by myself, which i appreciate. :) The dinner was wonderful. I loved the salad, dinner and dessert. YUM! It was a very nice setting. I was able to get all dressed up. On my walk through this building trying to find where the location of the dinner was, they had butlers spread out every 20 yards guiding you to the silver grille. "Are you looking for the Silver Grille?" Yes. "Right this way ma'am." It was fun. They an elevator person who always stays on and they take you up to the floor of the Silver Grille, which was on the 10th floor. Then there was a lady waiting for me to take my coat. I loved it. I can handle that treatment. :) They had cocktail hour an hour before dinner, so when i got there i went over and got myself a mixed non-alcoholic drink. haha. Then shortly after dinner started. We enjoyed dinner and talkin with friends. They gave out awards after the dinner, then they played a video that showed a bunch of pictures of all the students throughout the 4 years. One showed a picture of them all in their white coats(the ceremony to welcome them to dental school). When i saw that i wanted to cry. I couldn't believe we have made it to this point so quickly! I am so proud of my husband! They showed some funny skits by using small kids actions figures...they used a spiderman, batman, etc. Ya know, action figures like that and then they cut out students faces from a picture and taped their face onto the action figure face. And some guy played out a whole skit on video of some of the students and making fun of them. I guess there were a lot of inside jokes, which i learned about afterwards. But it was still funny. They like to make fun of some of the students, which they did by showing their picture and saying something about them that was usually pretty funny. At the end of the video i wanted to cry too b/c they said some sweet things....about how we all came as strangers, and we will all leave as family. Go class of 2010! They said a few more things. I just couldn't believe how far we have come. And we have made some great friends and it is like we are leaving family. We have all really come close. we don't have family around, its a tough time, and we have had to become close in order to make it through. We have had to rely on each other a lot as well. It's crazy we are at the end.
Anyway! All these years Shane has mentioned many of his instructors names and so it was nice to finally be able to put a name with the face that night. It was fun and i am glad i went and was able to experience, learn and celebrate what my hubby has been working so hard at for 4 years! :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I want to see pictures of the table!!! I am working on a headboard for our bed too. how funny. I bought an old door off of craiglist. Have you looked on there for cabinets?