Tuesday, March 8, 2011

{Gahhhh.....}

So, we had some sick boys again. Poor dear's. :) Just glad i haven't gotten it YET. Puking, sore throats, fevers, major congestion. I needed to take them in. I called yesterday morning and they said "We have walk-ins for sick kids until 10:00 a.m. so you can just come in right now." I thought "oh perfect". I got there at about 9:30 a.m. The place was PACKED. Every chair was taken except for a few in the waiting room. Every chair was taken in the two hallways by the waiting room. People were standing. I couldn't believe it. I didn't know what to do b/c right then i wanted to turn right back around and go home. BUT i was worried about my boys. So, i found a seat and waited. And waited. And waited. Jaydon was becoming very restless. Screaming. Throwing his fits like he did in the grocery store. Everyone was staring. But this time i couldn't IGNORE the stares b/c we were all in such CLOSE quarters. I was being WATCHED while my son acted like a screaming upset, sick, tired child. I tried doing things to help him, but it only would help VERY temporarily. He ate all three fruit snacks and wanted more. He was hysterical, especially by the end. When the doc was talking to me i couldnt understand her b/c his screams were drowning out everything else. haha!

Anyway, we sat in the waiting room for 2 1/2 hours. We ended up being at the doc's for three hours yesterday. Let's just say, it was a nightmare. Before we went to the doctor's office i got all three boys out the door to take gavin to school, and when we got back i had to HURRY and finish cleaning my house so that the realtor could come by and take pictures of the inside of the house. I was scrambling to clean and scrambling to get out of the door to get the boys to the doctor. We got home at 1:00.
I loaded the boys at 3:00 and went to pick up gavin from school. We got home at 3:30. Gavin had soccer from 5:30-6:30, so i loaded them in the car at 5:00. Headed out the door again. I sat in the car during his practice and was dozing in and out of sleep. Tanner fell asleep in the backseat and the only reason i couldn't fall completely asleep is b/c JAYDON wanted food and water, so he was definitely LETTING ME KNOW when he wanted more. :) haha! That kid. He is sooooo busy. He doesn't know how to slow down. Man, he is a full-time job.

About 45 minutes through practice gavin twisted his ankle. So, we headed home so that we could ice it, but i stopped by the pharmacy on our way home to pick up our prescriptions before we could completely get home. I didn't have any dinner ready b/c i was too tired to put something together before practice. So, i made eggs and toast. Filling i know. Especially for dinner. It worked for the boys though so that is what matters.

Somewhere through all this craziness, the Realtor called me. She called to confirm a showing of the house for Wed. from 1:00-2:00 and tonight from 6:30-7:30. I didn't answer b/c i had no clue she called even though i did have my phone with me. I probably didn't hear it b/c of Jaydon. :) haha! So, i checked my texts and was reprimanded by the owner of the house b/c i didn't answer my phone. Nice.

Good news: The boys didn't have strep throat. I thought they had it. I am so glad they didn't have it!. More good news: I was able to watch the last hour of Bachelor last night. Then we went to bed. Even more good news: I am going to visit my best friend all next week. I am taking the boys. It's going to be a nice break for me! I cannot wait.

1 comment:

Blake Jones said...

Don't you love doctor's appointments! We had a 3 hour day at the doctor too. Poor Parker was starving, so I had to feed him in the waiting room while I watched Alissa run around crazy and couldn't do anything about her without flashing the whole world.