Friday, March 11, 2011

{My Testimony...}

I know this may not be a post for some, which is why you can stop reading now if it makes you uncomfortable, but i have been feeling the need to write this on here for awhile...mainly for myself. I do a much better job at expressing my feelings through writing than i do through speaking. :) And i actually learn a lot more about myself and my feelings when i write them down.

In my life lately, i feel this strong need, and strong pull, to protect my family, for my life to be RIGHT, to be what i know i need to be and what i can be; I feel a need and desire to be in a place in my life spiritually so that i can have the Lord help me and guide me in my everyday life, not only for my own protection and guidance, BUT for that of my FAMILY most importantly. I have to say, there have been many times where the spirit has guided me SPOT ON in the protection of my family on quite a few occasions. I am so grateful for that.

I am so grateful for the Spirit in my life. SO grateful. I am grateful for the BOM and its guidance, it's testifying of our Lord and Savior and his love for each of us, the comfort it brings in fearful and difficult times, the spirit it brings, the wisdom it brings , the reassurance it brings in times that are good, etc. It's a book of wealth and knowledge that can't steer a person wrong. It testifies of our Savior most importantly and also helps us to know how we should be and what he wants us to be so that we can draw closer to him and be more like him, so that we can return to him. I know of it's truth. I know our Heavenly Father gave it to us to help us. Most importantly, i know my Heavenly Father and Savior are REAL. I know it. I could never deny that knowledge of their existence. Never. And words can't even come CLOSE to describe of my thankfulness and love for them. I am so grateful for them.

I am so grateful for our Prophet who leads and guides this church. I am so grateful for General Conference. I love listening to General Conference b/c it's modern day revelation. It's what our Heavenly Father wants us to know. I am so grateful for his words during General Conference and that we have the opporunity to READ all the General Conference addresses in the Ensign one month later. It's amazing how the messages can help you in a different way each time you read them.

I am so grateful for my family. Families are forever. And i am so grateful that i can be sealed to my husband and boys and that we can be a forever family.

I am so grateful for prayer. I don't know what i would do without it. I am so grateful i can go to my Heavenly Father and express my gratitude, my desires, and my love for him. I know he listens to me and to everyone. I know he loves us and wants us to talk to him.

I am grateful for Joseph Smith. I am grateful that he was able to humble himself and go to our Heavenly Father and ask which church is true. And i am so grateful for his tremendous FAITH to do what Heavenly Father asked of him. He had great FAITH to go through the crud he had to go through and not give up. He gained nothing temporally by doing what was asked of him. But, spiritually he gained everything. He was chosen b/c there probably was none who could do what he did. That would take tremendous faith and strength in our Heavenly Father.

I am so grateful for the peace and calm this gospel brings into my life...especially during these crazy times. There is a great peace and calm that comes through doing what the Lord asks of us....by drawing closer to our Heavenly Father. Because when we do those things, When we do what's right, we can have the spirit to be with us. The spirit speaks calmness to my soul. It makes me better all around. I am to a point where i desire the spirit to be with me always. And i make sure i can keep it with me by doing what i know i need to do to keep it. Because i don't like being without it.

I have a Testimony of this gospel. I know it's true. I know my testimony is how Elder Richard G. Scott expressed in last General Conference, "A testimony is not emotion. It is the very essence of character woven from threads of countless correct decisions. These choices are made with trusting faith in things that are believed and, at least initially, are not seen. A strong testimony gives peace, comfort, and assurance. It generates the conviction that as the teachings of the Savior are consistently obeyed, life will be beautiful, the future will be secure, and there will be capacity to overcome the challenges that cross our path. A testimony grows from understanding truth distilled from prayer and the pondering of scriptural doctrine. It is nurtured by living those truths with faith anchored in the secure confidence that the promised results will be obtained."

I could go on for quite some time and go into greater detail about everything i said, but i will leave it at that. Just know, i do have a testimony of this gospel and i love my Savior and Heavenly Father to no end. :)

No comments: