Friday, March 4, 2011

{Holy Moly...}

I am sure most mom's can relate to this scenario....You are tired. Worn out. You go to the grocery store and without warning or notice your CHILD freaks out and throws a crying/screaming fit, all while everyone stares at you. He won't stop, And then you realize you might start crying too b/c you can't take it anymore. Yup. Today. That was me.

Everything was fine except for the fact that i am TIRED. I went to Wal-Mart to buy aisle groceries. Then i went to another grocery store to buy their produce. The boys always sit down in the car in front of the basket. Tanner sat in his usual seat, in front of the steering wheel and Jaydon sat in his seat. We have never had a problem grocery shopping before. I start to hear Jaydon making his loud frustrated crying grunting noises. I look down and he is smooshing Tanner into the side of the car b/c he didn't want to share the steering wheel. Tanner is looking at me like "mom, what the heck is this kid doing? Get him off me!!!"

Jaydon was getting louder and louder, more frustrated and frustrated. I pulled him out and tried sitting him in his usual seat in the cart in front of me. He wouldn't let me put him there. I try holding him to calm him. He calms down for about ten seconds and then starts screaming and crying again. Then he starts wiggling like a worm, screaming more. You would have thought he hated me and was trying to run far away from me by the way he was acting. What a nightmare. He was seriously freaking out. He doesn't act like that very much and so i didn't quite know what to do. I forced him in his sit and buckled him. All the while people are staring and looking, but i am trying REALLY hard to IGNORE that fact. :) He somehow slithered his way out of his seat belt as i was getting strawberries, screaming, so a nice lady went near him to make sure he wouldn't fall. She tried talking sweet to him to help, but he didn't want anything to do with that. He reached for me, screaming more. He wouldn't stop. I didn't quite know WHAT TO DO. :) And if you have heard Jaydon scream...well...you know his screams are so loud. He has a very deafening scream. I have no doubt the ENTIRE grocery store was WONDERING what was going on!!! I was about to start crying myself and join in with Jaydon's crying fest. Then this nice man working in produce said "Would he like a banana?" hahaha! WOULD HE? R U KIDDING? Heck yes he would! :) HOW DID YOU KNOW HE LIKES BANANAS? MORE LIKE, LOVEs bananas. He brought over a banana and talked all sweet to jaydon and gave it to him and then jaydon was fine, for the most part. He started trying to cry again, but i did my best to DISTRACT him and focus on his BANANA. And the banana man came back over and tried talking all sweet too. He was nice. :) ANYWAY, that's only part of it. He can reach for the food in the cart. And he grabs it and tries taking bites out of it(with success), tries opening boxes(with success),etc. He always manages to do this when i am focusing on my list and grabbing things off the shelves. haha!

WOW....what a morning. I am already exhausted, but that incident sure did take more out of me. Aaahhhh..... I really need a nap. And a vacation. oH A Vacation. THat seriOUSly souNDS like HEAVEN riGHT aBout NOW! A nap on a hammock out by the ocean in the shade. Nothing to worry about. Nothing to think about. I can do whatever i want. Oh. my. It's calling my name. :)

2 comments:

The JL McGregor Family said...

I'm sorry! I hate when stuff like that happens! I feel like not only is everyone looking at you, but they are thinking something! So then you are either rougher than you would normally be so that everyone can see you are a good parent, or you are nicer than you would normally be because everyone can see you.... when if you were home you would just walk away and tell them to come talk to you when they were ready. Anyway, yes, I can relate! I just saw that you are getting a break while the boys are away... ENJOY!

Lauri said...

Oh Ash!!! I'm sorry!!! I had one of those times with Jocelyn in the store. I was SHOCKED b/c she NEVER acted like that!!! I had to walk out of the store with her screaming and I was thinking "Some people probably think I'm stealing some child!"