Friday, March 11, 2011

{Our Recent Activities}

The boys Love taking baths when Gavin is at school. Gavin takes showers now, so he doesn't have the bath time like Jay-d and Tanner anymore. They LOVE bath time. Jaydon gets extremely excited about it. He yells "BATH!!!" And runs to the bathroom and jumps all around! He has so much energy. It's almost contagious. haha! Here is Gavin with his Leprechaun trap. He made this and brought it to school today to show everyone and explain how the trap works. They are going to leave the traps out over spring break and when they get back they get to see if anyone caught a leprechaun OR if he made an appearance at all. :) As you can see, he made a leprechaun HAT and at the top of the hat he placed a piece of paper, so that when the leprechaun steps on the paper he will fall down into the hole and get trapped. He put a rainbown on top and a golden nugget to entice the leprechaun. At the bottom he put a sign "do not climb ladder"...b/c we know leprechauns like to do what you don't want them to do. And he built a ladder out of wood sticks. He was excited about it. We made it more enticing by putting shamrocks all over and some gold glitter.


Last weekend Shane and Gavin and Tanner went to the Monster JAM. We were all supposed to go together, but Jaydon was pretty sick and he was napping, so i stayed home with him. The boys had lots of fun and i was actually able to get the house clean and had dinner cooking when they got back. I enjoyed it. :) And that day we had somebody come and make our lawn nice and beautiful. He trimmed the bushes, edged, weeded, raked up the leaves, mowed. Our lawn is beautiful and ready for summer. The grass is turning GREEN! It's great!


One of the Monster Trucks...


It's so funny b/c shane will often tell me about dental stuff, and through all his words he uses he thinks i am supposed to know what the heck he is talking about. I don't. But it's so second nature to him that he thinks i should naturally know too! The same goes for me with photography. I expect him to know how to take pics b/c it's so easy, but he can't quite get it. I understand. :) He came home with pictures where there faces are completely blown out(way too bright ) or they are all blurry. I had to laugh. Most people who are into photography know that when you understand it you don't put your camera on Automatic setting. You just don't. My camera doesn't even have an automatic setting option. Probably b/c they know that if you are getting a camera that's professional, well, pro's just don't use auto settings. Not that i am a pro. Trust me. That's too weird. I always manually do it. Without question. It's second nature to me now, but i still have lots to figure out. Anyway, handing him my camera and expecting him to know what to do with it is like him handing over dental tools and expecting me to know what to do with it. Won't work. :) And that's okay. But here is the best picture he was able to capture of the boys...


This weekend we don't have any responsibilities! Shocker! Well, at least i don't. I can't wait. The boys have their soccer games! And i can't wait to watch! I am leaving on Monday with the boys and we are heading to New Mexico to visit my bestest friend! :) That's during Gavin and Jocelyn's spring break. Jocelyn(my best friends daughter) is the same age as Gavin. They are only one month apart.I can't wait to see Lauri and to chat and to just get out of wichita falls! :) She is about 7 hours away and that's not really a bad drive at all. :) Quite easy in fact. I will have lots of pictures to share. We will head back home friday morning.




No comments: